• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bounce on every club

2 posts in this topic

I've been told that PGA Tour players usually don't like bounce; they'll try a wedge, love its action, but as soon as they find out it has a lot of bounce, they immediately want to try something with less. I've also been told that not having enough bounce makes things much more difficult.

This is a really roundabout way of asking: why isn't their bounce on every club? The irons, at least. If you were to swing a four iron and hit it a touch fat, wouldn't the bounce on the club help negate some of the mishit? I've seen a lot of beginner sets with what I thought was bounce on all of their short irons.

I have no idea about club design and the stuff that goes with it, so I'm totally ignorant here.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

There is bounce in every iron As to wedges, Phil Mickelson carries 10-11° on his lob wedge

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Go Cubs!!! Two of Three Best Teams in MLB Play Wild Card Tonight
      By Pendragon · Posted
      I'm sorry that I can't share Gator Hazards love for the Cubs. It may be childish, but I've intensely disliked the Cubs since 1978. I had just moved from San Diego to Silver City, NM, and was excited to see that my cable system there carried WGN. I'd kinda been a lukewarm Cubs fan until then, probably due to their total lack of success. But all that changed after I'd seen my first Cubs telecast on WGN. Why? Here's a little background first. I grew up in the Boston suburbs and I've loved the Red Sox ever since I was old enough to grasp what was happening on the diamond. Through the 50's and into the 60's, the Red Sox were horrible, and seemed to battle it out for last place every year with the Senators and the Kansas City A's. The Sox stunk, but they had great play-by-play announcers through the years, such as Curt Gowdy, Ned Martin, and Ken Coleman, and what they all had in common was that they called the game as professionals, and showed no bias towards the Sox. Later, after moving to southern California, I was lucky to be able to hear the likes of Dick Enberg, Jerry Coleman, anmd the great Vin Scully calling games for the Angels, Padres, and Dodgers, respectively. And again, all were pro's. They called the games straight up, and never showed favoritism towards their own teams. Then, here I am in New Mexico in 1978, and I tune in to watch my first Cubs game on WGN. Yikes! The Cubs broadcast team of Jack Brickhouse and Lou Boudreau were the most blatant "homers" I'd ever heard. They turned me into a Cub hater almost overnight. For me, there is no excuse whatsoever for a team's announcers to openly root on the air. The only way I can describe it is that it's simply unprofessional. After Brickhouse retired in 1981, he was succeeded by Harry Caray, who was an even bigger homer.  Of course, the Cubs have no monopoly on unprofessional announcers. You need only to look across town to the White Sox to find someone who might be an even bigger homer, the intensely annoying Ken Harrelson. What is it about Chicago that attracts unprofessional play-by-play guys? I moved to the Bay Area in 1979, and have had the immense pleasure of listening to a string of truly professional announcers through the years since then, most notably Hank Greenwald, Duane Kuiper, Ted Robinson, Greg Papa, Dave Flemming, and the inimitable Jon Miller with the Giants, and Ray Fosse, Ken Korach, and the great Bill King across the bay with the A's.  So, there it is...I absolutely HATE homers, and that means I'll probably never be able to root for the Cubs in my lifetime...and I'll be 70 in January. I'm not a Cardinals' fan either, so this upcoming series has me kinda on the fence. I'm convinced that the winner of the Cubs-Cards series will advance to the World Series, so I can only say that I hope the better team wins. 
    • DIY Swing Plane Perfector
      By ChrisWev · Posted
      My pro had me do something similar to this a while back so I pulled my hands down and to stop me coming over the top, worked quite well.
    • My Swing (greenr4)
      By greenr4 · Posted
      I'll work on this stuff and try to get some videos up in the next week or two. Thanks again for the help! 
    • Am I heading in the right direction finding my own swing?
      By craps · Posted
      Maybe I misused the term drills. I tried a lot of drills. I looked at the mirror and videos of myself. They are all perfect especially the drop into the slot drill. What slot? When you drop the hands like the drill suggested you will prone to flip your hands at least I did.          What I am really implying  here is pre- setting ones hands and body at address so that the only swing thought is move both hands up and down.
    • Do you carry the Rules of Golf with you when you play?
      By pumaAttack · Posted
        Meh, I don't see the harm.  Maybe not "relaxed" to you, but that is your own interpretation.  I know that most handicaps are inflated anyways.  I have more important things to worry about than whether a golfer is posting a "Official Rules" score.  It's not like we are talking about the PGA tour. Time to lighten up and have more fun on the course.  Golf would be more popular if people weren't such sticklers for the rules.   Do you think every soccer game, baseball match, football game should follow every single rule too?  Why does golf have to be that way?
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries