Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clevelandgolf1

Anyone else use a 10 finger grip?

4 posts in this topic

Been golfing for about 5 years now and I've always used the 10 finger grip. I played hockey when I was younger so I feel like this might have something to do with it. I've never felt comfortable with any other grip and I consider myself a pretty decent golfer. Are there any major disadvantages of using this grip rather than the more popular ones?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

@Clevelandgolf1 ,

Some would argue that the 10 finger grip breaks the connection between the two hands. But, I have a close friend who is ~10 HC who has always done it.  If you feel you have control of the club with that grip, then stay with it.  If not, then it will take a while to change.

I use the interlocking grip because I feel I have a more secure grip with it.  My hands have long thin fingers.  I have tried the Vardon grip, but it does not feel like I have better control.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My hands feel most comfortable with ten finger grip but my hands are big so I have heard it is not recommended for me. I am going to talk to my instructor tomorrow evening about it.

I literally went back to an interlocking grip last week after using the ten finger grip for about 6 months. I really liked the feel of the ten finger grip. But I found that I had a tendency to grip the club too tight. Using the interlocking has helped me focus on keeping a more balanced grip pressure. But, like stated above, if it works for you, then why change?