Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anpe

AD graphite design prototype tour only 2446 x

3 posts in this topic

So I FINALLY got my new  (2nd hand) driver last Friday, it's a Mizuno mp-600 fast-track  8.5 degrees with a 44 inch A&D; graphite design prototype tour only 2446 x shaft.

All of a sudden I hit the ball straight, long and where I want it to go. Happy happy happy!

I'm now thinking weather I should get irons with x-100 shafts? The Dynamic gold s-300 feel a bit soggy now and they tend to go a bit on the high side too.

Any thoughts on this?

I love this game, most days.

A

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Yes the X-100's would bring the ball flight down. Here's a good thread to check out

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes the X-100's would bring the ball flight down. Here's a good thread to check out

A

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Post Your GAME Golf Rounds
      http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/938898 League night. Played well for the most part. Made a nice putt for par on 3 then missed a short putt for birdie on 4. Just trying to torque the left knee on every shot. Lag putting is improving.
    • Presidential Race 2016
      The Independent vote went very strong for Romney in '12, and he still lost.  Given that, and everything you cited, along with other information I've read, I believe the country is right around 47% each side with only about 6% truly variable.  So again, half and half is a fair representation.  The Libertarian candidate could skew that this election but that would be an anomaly.
    • My Swing (Hardspoon)
      Good practice session today.  I reviewed the grip thread one more time before I went out, and made that a point of emphasis before every shot. My focus was to continue to groove the in-to-out path I've been working on, but to start to really work on proper clubface angle.  My tendency right now (when I take the "correct" grip) is to leave the face open at impact, leading to straight pushes and push-fades. It's not easy, but I did have some success, starting with slow-motion swings and working up to (what felt like) 80-90%.  I focused on using the move that @iacas explained in Erie (hand rotation, not a "wrist-flip") to get the face squared up.  I was able to hit some nice push-draws and straight draws with both the irons and driver...not consistently, but it was encouraging. I also bought a tripod adapter for my iPhone so I can try some 240fps recordings of my swing this weekend.    
    • Signing an Incorrect Scorecard
      It matters. Please read the last paragraph of my original post (the one that explains why I'm tracking a bogus HI). I'm using an online Handicap tracker. My HI is not legitimate on a couple levels. I don't belong to a club and I play the vast majority of my rounds by myself. That's why I don't show a HI in my profile. It's only important that I play by the rules because I want an honest assessment of my progress. I may never play in a tournament, but if I do, I'd like to be bit more familiar with how these things are done. Just because I suck at golf doesn't mean I can try to learn the rules.
    • Hitting behind the ball and making deep divots...
      I took a look at your my swing thread - looks like you've gotten some good advice there and made some solid improvements.  FWIW - I posted this thread here called "What is the Secret of the Golf Swing" . .and I said that, for me, it was realizing how not to aim at the ball.  This "realization" helped me fix a lot of the things I see in your swing.  I'd been told lots and lots of times - don't hit at the ball, swing through to the target . but it didn't make sense to me . .until one day it suddenly did.  Anyway - while I suffered from this misconception - I had a variety of bad shots.  On my good days I could hit it pretty good.  On my bad days anything could happen . .I could slice it, hit it fat, pull hook it, top it, skull it, etc.  Anyway - it's not as easy as just "don't hit at the ball" . .or, as I think of it.  .don't aim "the energy of your swing at the back of the ball".   Speaking just for myself, it took a lot of practice and lessons to get to where I could "suddenly have this realization".  But . .in the meantime - you are hitting it fat (or whatever) because you're making a lot of corrections for some fundamentals that are off.  And, for sure, fatigue would have a lot to do with it.  The more fatigued you are, the less likely you'll be to make this corrections successfully .  If you get lessons or sign up for evolvr or just keep posting in the myswing thread - you can get the (slow) way forward - it's by focusing on one thing and then the next and then the next and yada yada.  I couldn't say what your "next thing" to work on is, though.     
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. obwan
      obwan
      (70 years old)
    2. rkim291968
      rkim291968
      (54 years old)
  • Blog Entries