IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

For the first time ever yesterday, I managed to birdie the first at my local club. It's a par 4, fairway slopes down to the left towards heavy rough. The green is surrounded by bunkers at the front and there is a bit of a drop off at the back of the green. The short of this was a great drive up the middle which held fairway and my second, an 8 iron to the middle of the green. The putt was a straight one, about 12 ft. After this great start, i somehow managed to put one of my worst rounds ever together. Well done me, i'm magic.

On Saturday I was playing a decent round, I was even par with my handicap going into the last hole. 18th is 520 yard par 5 dogleg left with a 20 yard wide fairway at 240 yards or more. Hit a draw into the rough (50 yards from the OB). Managed to hit a great 3W and left myself about 120 yards to the hole with a slight wind in my face. Took a PW and hit a slight (intentional) draw. Ball landed about 3 feet short of the hole and stopped 2 inches away. Tap in birdie and -2 for my handicap

Shanked a tee shot really bad and ended up 25 yards from the tee box on the side of a 30 degree slope in tall rough. With the ball below my feet by quite a bit, I grabbed the 3H and swung it perfectly right down the middle of the fairway and ended up 50 yards beyond where my tee shot should have gone.

Was on 406 yd Par 4 from the Blues... Pretty straight shot to the hole with water along the right side. Trees on the left.

A foursome on the green. I carried the drive close to 300 yds over a cart path and right after the cart path the holes runs down hill. I role the ball on the drive dead center of the fairwar about 40 yds out. The foursome applauded my efforts which was nice.

I rarely drive the play over 300 yds... it was an oddity and definitely was all the down hill hole. Nonetheless it was the one shot that makes us love the game
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

i got two of them

last hole of a tournament is a 508 yard strait away par 5. hit my drive and i have 204 left from the fairway. its a blind green with a huge bunker across the whole front, i look out a 4 iron because i was going to hit a high cut that would land soft. the ball hit, took one hop and spun back (according to the spectators because i wanted to know) i had about a 30 footer for eagle that hit the back of the cup and left me a tap in birdie.
the other one was earlier not in the same round a 571 yard up hill late dog leg par 5. hit my drive to 255 out, there is a 100 yard long bunker along the green and fairway that you have to hit over if your going for the green in 2. i took out my 4 wood and decided to go for the front pin. the ball hit the green and stopped dead about 10 feet from the hole.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Mine came on the 15th hole yesterday. It's a par three that was playing 210 yrds, and I stuck a 5 iron to within 3 feet of the cup. Left myself a slippery slider of a putt that I managed to drain for my third birdie of the day.

Waiting for summer...

i chipped one in from 50 yards to save par

Driver- Insight Tech A4 with Matrix Ozik shaft
Fairwood- Exotics CB2 7 wood
Hybrid- Burner 08 3 Hybrid
Irons- XCG Irons 4-PW,SW
Putter- GT Max

Not this week, but I do have to tell this one.

About 2 weeks after I got my new irons, I had only been hitting them on the range to try and get used to them and then I decided to play. Anyhow, I hit my PW 6 inches from 140 on a par 3 on my first round with them. I was excited.

905 T w/ ProForce V2 X-Stiff
904 F w/x100
MP-32 w/Project X 6.5
Vokey 252.08
BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1x

Played yesterday from the blues at the local public course. I was on the first par 5 and I hit a beautiful drive probably 300 yards (don't know exactly). My second shot was from right at 200 yards. You have to go across water and the a bunker right in front of the green, pin mid-back. I take a light 7 wood... hits about 5ft in front of the pin and rolls to about 15ft past. Of course I miss the eagle but I do birdie.

In my bag.

Driver R7
Woods S9-1 F (3 & 5)
Irons MP-67 (3-pw)Wedges Tom Watson Classics (GW, LW)Putter: Classic 1Ball Pro V1 or Tour i(s) just cause I can get them at Walmart

5 of them this week (2 different rounds) - 1. 2nd shot on a par 4, pin back right, uphill from 160 yds from a fairway bunker, just on the upslope. Struck it clean with my 7-iron to the middle right of the green. Made the putt for birdie! Both my playing partners said it was 'the best shot they'd ever witnessed in real life'. 2. Downhill 305yd par 4, waiting, waiting, waiting on the tee. Finally the green clears and I nail my drive, the wind off the ocean pushes it a little left and it ends up pin high in the left bunker. Played a decent 2nd shot from the bunker, but missed the birder by a couple of inches. 3. 7-iron on a 165yd par 3, pin is right over the bunker. Played a perfect little push-draw to 2 feet and make the birdie. 4. 330 yd par 4, 280yd drive followed by a flip lob wedge that rolls right past the flag and ends up 4 feet to the right. Birdie #2 for that round. 5. Last hole, 95yds in the middle of the fairway to a tucked left pin. Go at the flag and it rolls right past the flag and make the putt.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

The last round I played, my best shot came on the par 5 16th hole. Hit a beautiful drive that was long and right down the middle which left me with the choice of going for the green in 2. There is a pond right in front of the green so it's a tough choice, but I was about 210 out. Decided against hitting a 3 wood because there is OB over the green and decided to try to nuke my 22 degree hybrid. Caught it dead flush and knocked it 10 feet from the pin. Proceeded to miss the eagle putt for an easy birdie. Wish it was that easy all the time!

Driver: 909D2
3 Wood: 909F2
Hybrid: 909H 22 degree
Irons: J36CB 4-PW
Wedges: 52, 56, 60Putter: 2 Ball White Ice / Yes! Tracy IIBall: e7 / ProV1x

Dropped a 10 ft. birdie putt on a Par 3 as well as getting my first career chip-in a hole later.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I play 2 or 3 times a week and the last week my putter has supplied some great saves. The pair I was playing with was amazed that for the front nine, everything from 16 ft. was going in. It was a great feeling because my putter needs a lot of work.

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

On Wednesday, I got my first chip in birdie. 170 yard par 3, tee shot landed just off the green on the collar about 20 feet from the hole. Used a 9 iron just to get the ball moving and it dropped in for a 2. First birdie from off the green.

155yd par 3 with a back to front sloped green towards a lake- hit a high draw to 5 ft left of cup- lipped out my birdie for par.

In the bag-
Driver- Ping G15 - 9dg Serrano  3 wood- Cleveland Launcher  Hybrid- Cleveland 3i
Irons- Cleveland CG2 4-PW  Wedges- Cleveland CG15 52, 56, 60
Putter- Scotty Cameron Red X2 mid
Ball- Bridgestone 330RXS