or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › 2 degree flat irons
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2 degree flat irons

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Ive used my callaway x14's since i was a noobie, they are 2 degrees flat because i was only 15 when i bought them

Now im somewhat 'normal' height, do i stick with what i know or go standard?

Ive got a choice of some flat Taylor Mades or standard ones. Or stick with the Callaways.

Decisions Decisions...
post #2 of 7

Re: 2 degree flat irons

Originally Posted by 8.5_Drive View Post
Ive used my callaway x14's since i was a noobie, they are 2 degrees flat because i was only 15 when i bought them

Now im somewhat 'normal' height, do i stick with what i know or go standard?

Ive got a choice of some flat Taylor Mades or standard ones. Or stick with the Callaways.

Decisions Decisions...
Go hit some standard lie irons and see if they are giving you the contact and ball flight that you are looking for. If you decide that you like a standard lie, save yourself some jing and have the X-14 adjusted. You are a 8.0....so Im thinking that you should easily know if the heel or toe is digging. I never likes putting tape on the sole of the club and swinging off of a board or a mat. I always took my clubs to the course or a turf driving range to see how they reacted while striking down through the ball and turf.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 

Re: 2 degree flat irons

Originally Posted by JWL1957 View Post
I always took my clubs to the course or a turf driving range to see how they reacted while striking down through the ball and turf.
Yeah im gonna be playing a round with the some new irons this afternoon.

I guess i like the way flat irons lie, i dont like to have the toe in the air atall
post #4 of 7

Re: 2 degree flat irons

Originally Posted by 8.5_Drive View Post
Yeah im gonna be playing a round with the some new irons this afternoon.

I guess i like the way flat irons lie, i dont like to have the toe in the air atall
Actually, the toe should be raised at address slightly if the lie angle is correct, assuming your set up is proper.
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 

Re: 2 degree flat irons

Originally Posted by tim31x View Post
Actually, the toe should be raised at address slightly if the lie angle is correct, assuming your set up is proper.
I suppose it does, its not totally flat on the floor. Im just so used to playing with flat clubs now i dont know if i should change.. soon see
post #6 of 7

Re: 2 degree flat irons

you should head to a golf store and hit the brand you want on a lie board. Between manufacturers, "Standard lie" could be different. For my callaways, i was 1 degree flat, but on my mizunos, i'm standard.
post #7 of 7

Re: 2 degree flat irons

Originally Posted by te3point5 View Post
you should head to a golf store and hit the brand you want on a lie board. Between manufacturers, "Standard lie" could be different. For my callaways, i was 1 degree flat, but on my mizunos, i'm standard.
Lie boards lie. Players will almost always tend to adjust grip and stance to the club so that it fits thier eye before swinging. The best way to check a lie is to go play or hit balls on a turf range.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › 2 degree flat irons