or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 
Well, I'm in the process of looking for some new irons, my old Adams have had a nice run but I need something that I can have more feel with and work the ball if I need to. Anyways, I LOVE blades, so sexy, and I narrowed it down to the Nike Blades or the 695 MB from Titleist. I'm definitely going to hit both at some point but it is kind of hard to find some quality golf shops within distance here in Seattle.

I've also done my homework and have heard alot of people say that the Nike Blades are accurate but you lose distance. Now I'm not TOO worried about losing some distance (8 iron=approx. 160-165) but I don't really want to go down a full club if thats the case with the Nike's. Also, I wouldn't mind getting them custom made with a stronger degree to offset the loss of yardage because I hit the ball fairly high anyways. Does anyone know a place that does that for either the Nike or Titleist blades? Anyways, I've heard good things about both and was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback. Thanks!

VS.
post #2 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Before I bought my 735's I had a set of Nike Blades. The reason I got rid of them was I felt they had no feel to them whatsoever. I hit the 695mb before I got the 735's and loved them but I got to great of a deal on the 735's to pass them up. With my Nike's I did lose about half a clubs distance, and just overall didnt like the feel they had. They didnt have that buttery soft feel when struck perfect and just seemed to dead. 695mb is a great iron but you might want to look at the Taylormade rac MB also as these are great irons also. Whatever your choice, make it based on YOUR results and good luck with the new iron shopping!
post #3 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

I have not hit either of these particular blades so my response is probably not that helpful. But if you want a nice set of blades try out Titleist and Mizuno. You just can't go wrong there.
post #4 of 31
Thread Starter 

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Originally Posted by Juzmi View Post
Before I bought my 735's I had a set of Nike Blades. The reason I got rid of them was I felt they had no feel to them whatsoever. I hit the 695mb before I got the 735's and loved them but I got to great of a deal on the 735's to pass them up. With my Nike's I did lose about half a clubs distance, and just overall didnt like the feel they had. They didnt have that buttery soft feel when struck perfect and just seemed to dead. 695mb is a great iron but you might want to look at the Taylormade rac MB also as these are great irons also. Whatever your choice, make it based on YOUR results and good luck with the new iron shopping!
Yeah, I'll most definitely try them both out. However, I must say, I was biased in favor of the Nike's but the more I read, the more the 695's sound better. Thanks for the input!
post #5 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Originally Posted by bSd View Post
Well, I'm in the process of looking for some new irons, my old Adams have had a nice run but I need something that I can have more feel with and work the ball if I need to. Anyways, I LOVE blades, so sexy, and I narrowed it down to the Nike Blades or the 695 MB from Titleist. I'm definitely going to hit both at some point but it is kind of hard to find some quality golf shops within distance here in Seattle.

I've also done my homework and have heard alot of people say that the Nike Blades are accurate but you lose distance. Now I'm not TOO worried about losing some distance (8 iron=approx. 160-165) but I don't really want to go down a full club if thats the case with the Nike's. Also, I wouldn't mind getting them custom made with a stronger degree to offset the loss of yardage because I hit the ball fairly high anyways. Does anyone know a place that does that for either the Nike or Titleist blades? Anyways, I've heard good things about both and was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback. Thanks!

VS.

All I can say is...whichever blade you decide on whether it's the Titleist, Nike, Mizuno, etc., you must be REALLY good. Or, you like to torture yourself with your mishits. I think the Titleist irons have the edge on "boner" appeal.
Sproinnnnnnggggggg!
post #6 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

I have been playing with the Nike Blades for two seasons now and I love them. I did lose a full club of distance with them compared to my old Slingshot Tours though. This wasn't a big concern for me since I have about the same yardages as you. I used to hit a PW from 150 and now I hit a 9 iron so it wasn't a huge deal. But the feel and workability of these blades are well worth the lost yardage. There is no better feeling than hitting one of these irons pure!! I did read somewhere that the nike blades have 1 more degree of loft on each club than most irons, which would explain the distance loss. I don't know if that's right but it's worth looking into. Hope that helps.
post #7 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

You shouldn't lose a 1/2 club distance unless you're current irons have strong lofts then I could see that happening but, if your PW has 48* and your 5 iron has 27-28*'s of loft your yardages should stay the same.

As for my pick, I'd have to go with the 695's. They are the sharpest looking clubs around and the feel is unparalleled. I'd play them but me and my 735's are so dialed in right now I wouldn't want to mess up what I have going.
post #8 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

I have a 690MB 6 iron that I replaced my x-16 6 iron with because the feel is so great. I would go with the 695's over the Nike's because they feel like a buttery golf orgasm when you hit them pure.
post #9 of 31
Thread Starter 

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Buttery golf orgasm and Boner Appeal. lol.

Thanks for the input everyone. I was checking it out and indeed the Nike's have 1 degree higher for every club than most blades do. I've been looking for comprehensive reviews but there aren't any current ones for the Nike's. It HAS been a while since they have come out, do you think Nike plans to come out with some new blades in the near future?
post #10 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

I would get these blades if I need new irons.
post #11 of 31
Thread Starter 

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Yeah, I was looking at them too. The thing is I haven't really seen any thorough reviews or even a couple of good reviews about them. Hard to tell for me, have you hit them before?

I just noticed that ezmoney has them as his irons, I might go bug him for a review :P
post #12 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

May I suggest you try Mizuno MP-60?
post #13 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

you sound like someone who would benefit from the 695cb's and not the mb's
post #14 of 31
Thread Starter 

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Originally Posted by Ziophils View Post
you sound like someone who would benefit from the 695cb's and not the mb's
How do I sound like someone who wants the cb's? All I said was I like BLADES, I want more feel, and want to work the ball.
post #15 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Originally Posted by bSd View Post
How do I sound like someone who wants the cb's? All I said was I like BLADES, I want more feel, and want to work the ball.
I can't speak for him, but maybe he was referring to this.

(#325)
bSd
Hacker
Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seatown, WA
Rep Power: 0 Re: What Do You Do for a Living? - 1 Day Ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a senior at the University of Washington majoring in Physiology and Psychology. Applying for Med School this summer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you didn't mention getting a full ride on a golf scholarship at the University of Washington, and if you DO get accepted into Med school and will be working your ever loving arse off...you might play better by using cavity backs instead of MB's. Just remember, the hottest looking chick in the world isn't worth a damn if she can't perform in a lot of different areas and it's the same with a stick. Nothing like "boner appeal" though.
(you CAN work a CB and they have good feel also)
post #16 of 31
Thread Starter 

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Nice to know you're stalking me lol. I'm a 3 handicap (I choose not to put that in the profile because I think people bias opinions off of it) and will be publishing a golf instruction book this summer. I broke pretty much every record as a Junior golfer (17-under) for my state (albeit, my state isn't that great at golf lol). So I think I'm "worthy" of the MB's, trust me.

But back to the topic, I love blades and find that they have a unique feel and workability that CB's don't have EXACTLY. It's a personal taste I guess you can say. Thanks for the feedback though.
post #17 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Originally Posted by bSd View Post
How do I sound like someone who wants the cb's? All I said was I like BLADES, I want more feel, and want to work the ball.
Suggest cb's because you hit the ball high so the stronger lofts on the cb's will avoid any ballooning that the mb's will likely give you and also compensate any lack of distance that you will invariably find using pure blades. Also, top line on the cb's is almost identical to that on the mb's.
post #18 of 31

Re: Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB

Originally Posted by bSd View Post
Nice to know you're stalking me lol. I'm a 3 handicap (I choose not to put that in the profile because I think people bias opinions off of it) and will be publishing a golf instruction book this summer. I broke pretty much every record as a Junior golfer (17-under) for my state (albeit, my state isn't that great at golf lol). So I think I'm "worthy" of the MB's, trust me.

But back to the topic, I love blades and find that they have a unique feel and workability that CB's don't have EXACTLY. It's a personal taste I guess you can say. Thanks for the feedback though.

I'm not stalking you, this place is actually a little on the dead side and you seem to be the only one coming back with verbal action.

I hope you become an orthopedic surgeon. My body will be breaking down from hitting a few million golf balls over a lifetime and I KNOW I'll need some work.

Hey, based on your handicap and what you've done...you have my nod for MB's. (however, your game is still going down the crapper if you get into med school. LOL)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Nike Forged Blades vs Titleist 695 MB