or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (achadha7)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (achadha7)

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

 

I've been Playing Golf for:​ 1.5  to 2 yrs now

My current handicap index or average score is: fluctuates... depends mostly on putting hence this thread ... 

My typical ball flight is: average

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: PUTTING ....

related to this thread 

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74199/really-really-really-need-putting-help-10-girs-not-a-single-par

 


 

Videos:

Started on hole 10 

Hole 10. par 3, on on 2, putting for par

 

Hole 11, Par 4, on in 2, putting for birdie,,, missed it ,,, 2 putt 

 

Hole 8

Par 5, on in 5, putting for bogie..missed it. 2 putt

 

 

Hole 9

par 4 on in 3, par putt which was never gonna make, was gonna try for bogie but missed that too... 3 putt

 

post #2 of 10

As regulars around here have probably heard me say, I'm not an excellent putter, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

 

To me your stroke doesn't look terrible.  There are some good pieces there.  The main issue I see is that on the forward stroke you're tilting and rotating your body and sort of jabbing at it with the motion coming from tilting your body and rotating and dipping with your body and legs.  On the long putt in the last video, look at the amount of knee bend you get!  If you look at the video @iacas posted in your other thread, you'll notice his lower body doesn't move AT ALL.  The pendulum and swing comes all from the core, lower back through upper back (I'm not counting the tiny bit of motion from soft wrists as where the motion is coming from, because it's not).

 

I'd try practicing some putts with NO motion below the waist.  Your legs shouldn't move at all and your hips shouldn't rotate at all either.  Try to get a smooth stroke through with absolutely no movement either below the waist or from the shoulders or elbows (and not much from the wrists/hands, soft wrists definitely doesn't mean push at it with active wrist motion).

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post
 

As regulars around here have probably heard me say, I'm not an excellent putter, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

 

To me your stroke doesn't look terrible.  There are some good pieces there.  The main issue I see is that on the forward stroke you're tilting and rotating your body and sort of jabbing at it with the motion coming from tilting your body and rotating and dipping with your body and legs.  On the long putt in the last video, look at the amount of knee bend you get!  If you look at the video @iacas posted in your other thread, you'll notice his lower body doesn't move AT ALL.  The pendulum and swing comes all from the core, lower back through upper back (I'm not counting the tiny bit of motion from soft wrists as where the motion is coming from, because it's not).

 

I'd try practicing some putts with NO motion below the waist.  Your legs shouldn't move at all and your hips shouldn't rotate at all either.  Try to get a smooth stroke through with absolutely no movement either below the waist or from the shoulders or elbows (and not much from the wrists/hands, soft wrists definitely doesn't mean push at it with active wrist motion).

Thanks, after recording i did notice the tilting on the long putt at hole no 9 .... will keep this in mind ...

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 

I've been Playing Golf for:​ 1.5  to 2 yrs now

My current handicap index or average score is: fluctuates... but today was 21 over 

My typical ball flight is: average

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: sometimes a fade / low ball flight some times a pull

 

This is the video from my driver at a par 4 hole 11, it is a crappy vid pls excuse

 

 

This is a pitching wedge from abt 110 from the flag which i put on the fringe on the left  still managed a par

 

 

 

 

 

Any / all comments are helpful

 

This is a re hit of the driver which i pulled :)  i was aiming left thinking the ball will fade but just whack ..... pulled it i think 

 

post #5 of 10
Last video is private.

Also, you should tell your camera person to center the shot along your toe line.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

Last video is private.

now ?

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by achadha7 View Post

now ?
Good now. Busy ATM, will give you better feedback later.
post #8 of 10
The thing that jumps out at me immediately, is you're losing your spine's inclination to the ground and standing up during your backswing. Because of that, your first move in the downswing is to get get back down to the ball, which will cause inconsistencies.

You need more side tilt. It should feel like you are turning your left shoulder down and your right shoulder up and around you in the backswing. You should feel a stretch in your right side at the top.

Would be great if you can get a face on view as well.
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

The thing that jumps out at me immediately, is you're losing your spine's inclination to the ground and standing up during your backswing. Because of that, your first move in the downswing is to get get back down to the ball, which will cause inconsistencies.

You need more side tilt. It should feel like you are turning your left shoulder down and your right shoulder up and around you in the backswing. You should feel a stretch in your right side at the top.

Would be great if you can get a face on view as well.

 

 

Thanks 

Will try to get those things into play,  and try and get better videos on monday IST :)

What abtout the take away the contact and the follow through ?

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by achadha7 View Post

What abtout the take away the contact and the follow through ?
It's best if you only work on one piece at a time, and the tilting is going to be a pretty significant change from what you're used to. Clean that up, and some of the other problems may get fixed, too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (achadha7)