IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Erik, is there an way, or are there any plans, to make a round count towards your stats, but not handicap?

In Scorecard? No. It's not an "official" handicap calculator anyway (though again, and as you know, it uses the same formula and everything). I figure that if the conditions are good enough that you want to count the round for your personal stats, you may as well count them towards your personal, unofficial handicap.

And while I can see the point of keeping things separate, it'd complicate the app a bit more than I'd like and for a relatively small gain.
Also, is the next update with 9-hole rounds still planned for early 2009?

Yes, 2.0 is still planned for then. It'll be a paid upgrade (pricing not determined yet). Version 1.5 (free upgrade) is due out soon with an iPhone app (probably $0.99 for several reasons - as cheap as we can make it without being free, though).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Scorecard customers interested in testing out the iPhone application (pre-existing customers) should please check out this post on my personal blog . We'll accept the first x testers. Serious inquiries only - and yeah, you've gotta have an iPhone or an iPod Touch and be a registered user of Scorecard.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is the Iphone application going to be available without purchasing the whole program?

In my SQ tour bag

Cleveland Launcher 460 10.5* stiff
Dymo 3 wood stiff
3-E Apex Blades 1/2" up stiff VR 52* 56* Aussie IBF tour edition 34" w/ ping grip SG5

• Administrator
Is the Iphone application going to be available without purchasing the whole program?

You can buy it, but it's not going to do anything... it's an "accessory" application. It's a mobile scorecard that you then use to sync the round data back to the desktop app.

We're not putting the whole app on the iPhone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Scorecard customers interested in testing out the iPhone application (pre-existing customers) should please

This began today. Interested people can still sign up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Now Available in iTunes for the iPhone and iPod Touch

Click here if you have iTunes installed.

Ok, if you can make it for the iPhone can you create an app for Blackberry, some of us just aren't cool enough to have an iphone (to be truthful AT&T;'s coverage sucks in my area)?
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

• Administrator

Yeah, that about covers it. If you want to supply two of us with Blackberries for a year, I'm sure we might come up with something, though.

I downloaded the trial version to see if I like it. It's a really good program and it keeps all of the stats that I want, except one. Why is there no average driving distance? It seems like a simple stat that I could keep in an Excel doc, but I'd like to keep all my stats together. Just curious.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

• Administrator
I downloaded the trial version to see if I like it. It's a really good program and it keeps all of the stats that I want, except one. Why is there no average driving distance? It seems like a simple stat that I could keep in an Excel doc, but I'd like to keep all my stats together. Just curious.

As I believe we've answered before, driving distance will likely never be included in the application. Its value as a statistic for the average golfer is incredibly close to zero.

As I believe we've answered before, driving distance will likely never be included in the application. Its value as a statistic for the average golfer is incredibly close to zero.

Sorry that I didn't look for the answer; I was a little lazy.

I think that driving distance could be a huge value. I realize that accuracy is king, but distance has its value too. (Forgive me if this was already discussed; I didn't want to search through 25+ pages of a thread.) You could see what is better for your particular golf game: accuracy on drives or distance. Hypothetical situation here: You (or whoever) hit the ball 250 with your driver, miss the fairway 1/2 times, but still average +.75 on each hole using the driver. You hit your 3-wood 230, hit the fairway 3/4 times, but still average +1 on each hole using the 3-wood. Your numbers for fairways hit would be higher with the 3-wood, but your scores would be higher too. It would tough to figure this out if you use a 3-wood on like 4 holes...even harder if you do well on the par 3s. The stat may not be applicable to an average golfer, but I'm sure that in any good golfer's hands, it is invaluable.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

• Administrator
Sorry that I didn't look for the answer; I was a little lazy.

And I'm sorry my first answer wasn't definitive enough that you still thought there was room to discuss it. There isn't. It's been discussed and I'm even more set on my answer now than before.

Driving distance would add next to nothing to the software. Part of the appeal of the software is that you enter only a few (five) stats per hole and yet you get so many usable statistics as a result. Adding another stat pushes it too far beyond the "pain to enter stats" line, and does so in an especially grievous way because of how little value (again, next to zilch) driving distance adds. We listen to our customers extensively and on many, many feature requests and keep a list of things we might someday add. This, however, is one where we've made our decision.

Fair enough. Thank you for the response.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:

• 2 weeks later...
I know that the sandtrap folks are officially on vacation till next Monday, but has there been any discussion about the release date of 2.0?

Thanks,
-E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

• Administrator
I know that the sandtrap folks are officially on vacation till next Monday, but has there been any discussion about the release date of 2.0?

"The Sand Trap" doesn't build the software: Cynical Peak does.

2.0 will be released when it's ready. Most likely that will be in 2009, but I'm a "never say never or always" type of guy. Feature set is locked and coding has kind of begun. Beyond that, I can't say much. We've been sidetracked with a Rivet update that's taken longer than expected.

"The Sand Trap" doesn't build the software: Cynical Peak does.

So is it looking like it won't be ready before the season starts in the northeast, as it sounded that was your original goal?

909 D2 9.5° Driver - Diamana Blue Board Stiff
F-60 3W - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
CLK FLI-HI 17°/20° Hybrids - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
MP-57 4-PW - True Temper Dynalite Gold Superlite S300
MP-T 54°/12° & 60°/8° - Rifle Spinner Bettinardi C-03 Putter Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 2005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!