bones75

Does Anyone Else Exclusively Use VPNs for All Internet?

4 posts / 2776 viewsLast Reply

For techy guys: Except for your phone, does anyone else here exclusively use VPNs for all internet activity?

I do 95% of my internet activity through one of my work VPN's, but have noticed that more and more random websites (esp last 6 mos) are giving me trouble for it (geo restrictions and what not). I always thought it was just safer (i thought I remember someone telling me so), and like that people can't see my home IP address. 

I'll probably stick with the VPN as my work requires me to be on it pretty much every waking second, but just wondering if anyone else does the same or has thoughts.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I use them about half the time.

Access depends upon your host. Some networks are also restricted by providers now. New laws...

Not endorsing this but many Russian VPN work on everything pretty much. The issue there is you’d be watched by someone for sure...just be careful.

What’s your OS, make sure it’s pretty bulletproof...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

58 minutes ago, bones75 said:

For techy guys: Except for your phone, does anyone else here exclusively use VPNs for all internet activity?

I do 95% of my internet activity through one of my work VPN's, but have noticed that more and more random websites (esp last 6 mos) are giving me trouble for it (geo restrictions and what not). I always thought it was just safer (i thought I remember someone telling me so), and like that people can't see my home IP address. 

I'll probably stick with the VPN as my work requires me to be on it pretty much every waking second, but just wondering if anyone else does the same or has thoughts.

Remember that your employer, if your are using their vpn,has a record of all the sites you visit.

if you want the anonymity and security of a vpn, and don’t want your employer to have all that info, I would use a reputable vpn service in the US.

Edited by chspeed

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, chspeed said:

Remember that your employer, if your are using their vpn,has a record of all the sites you visit.

if you want the anonymity and security of a vpn, and don’t want your employer to have all that info, I would use a reputable vpn service in the US.

Yea, i do know this :)  I don't mind, I'm 100% SFW surfing when I do and the reasons I do VPN is not so I can do bad stuff and have people not track me.  W/o getting into details, i trust my work VPNs more than I trust my ISP in regards to privacy.