IGNORED

True temper x100 gold iron shaft

Fred385
Note: This thread is 1797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I own some taylormade tour golf clubs with the x100 gold true temper but at times I struggle to hit them and from what I read this clubs are one of the most stiff shafts I'm a beginner golfer been golfing about a year 1/2 was thinking to change the shafts to a regular shafts any comments or suggestions ?

Hello and welcome to TST. Many people under estimate the difference a shaft can make. I really recommend you go for a fitting and see what gives you the best results. The flex of a shaft varies from one brand to the next. Stiff for one may be regular in another. Generally speaking I believe stiffer shafts are suited better for faster swing speeds. Not knowing where you are makes it difficult to know what’s best for you. Take the time and get some testing done on a monitor and see what you come up with.

Now if there’s no way in hell you're gonna get a fitting changing to the R flex from your S flex would most likely be the direction to go. Again, that’s a very general guess. Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, Fred385 said:

So I own some taylormade tour golf clubs with the x100 gold true temper but at times I struggle to hit them and from what I read this clubs are one of the most stiff shafts I'm a beginner golfer been golfing about a year 1/2 was thinking to change the shafts to a regular shafts any comments or suggestions ?

Most will respond to get fit by a good fitter. It is hard to guess what you need with pout knowing swing speed and other factors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 hours ago, Fred385 said:

Yes...get fitted if you intend to get serious at golf or if you're not on a tight budget.

Ya....DG X100 generally would be too stiff for a beginner golfer...and if you are on a budget....it would be expensive replace the clubs with regular shafts.

I suggest you try to sell the clubs as is and try to find clubs with used regular shafted clubs....there are so many available on-line or on Craigslist, etc.

Note: This thread is 1797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!