IGNORED

My Swing (PipePro)

PipePro
Note: This thread is 1794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No video but I have some screenshots I used for teaching positions in the swing. Screenshots were produced from a swing analyzer program GOLFTEK. The main problem I have now after knee replacement surgery in both knees is snapping the leg and hitting against a firm left side. Collapse is inevitable depending on the uphill, downhill, or sidehill lie. I noticed my ball position in these shots was too far forward.

I've been Playing Golf for: 60
My current handicap index or average score is: 7.4
My typical ball flight is: high
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull hook

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here - https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/]

swing1.jpg

swing2.jpg

swing3.jpg

swing4.jpg

swing5.jpg

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 13* Stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19* Hybrid Stiff
Cleveland CG Red Irons 4-PW Stiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

• Administrator

Videos are helpful, images not so much.

Clarification: images are great for analysis or to show a specific thing, often, but images as a representation of your swing, not so much. Not with only a few.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

image.png.33731981f3de3ecfccb0e7da6bc3909d.png

I think that analysis is what this is all about, but I guess I'm wrong. Sorry

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, PipePro said:

I think that analysis is what this is all about, but I guess I'm wrong. Sorry

Huh? I’m saying it’s possible to analyze video, not really possible to analyze four photos.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I spent some 20 years standing next to a student watching his swing after making sure his basic fundamentals were correct and all I could see was the ball flight being influenced by swing plane and clubface. Then another 15 years using software with slow motion capture video. I would then take screenshots like mine against a grid to solve the problem. The only thing I can be sure of watching of video is rhythm and balance.

I hope we can agree to disagree because we are all set in our ways to a certain extent.

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff

• Administrator
2 hours ago, PipePro said:

I spent some 20 years standing next to a student watching his swing after making sure his basic fundamentals were correct and all I could see was the ball flight being influenced by swing plane and clubface. Then another 15 years using software with slow motion capture video. I would then take screenshots like mine against a grid to solve the problem. The only thing I can be sure of watching of video is rhythm and balance.

No, you can see how a player gets to the position you see in the video.

Fowler_Thomas.jpg

Rickie and Justin get to this fairly similar position (what I'd call pretty "inline" at A6) in very different ways. Rickie lays the shaft down hard and then rolls it steep through 6, while JT is still basically laying it down a bit - or at the very least NOT rolling it hard around the corner like Rickie is.

• Administrator

I wrote about positions here:

In short, I don't like to teach "positions" per se, but positions can serve as good checkpoints.

The photos you provided aren't even great checkpoints - you've not captured impact, so we don't know for example what exactly the shaft is doing at impact. Is there a bit of a flip? You said your ball flight is high and your miss is a pull-hook, so a little flip caused by a little stall of the body might be the case. Your "overtaking" rate might be a bit high because your body stalls, because extending that left knee/leg is a big piece in continuing to keep up your rotation rates through the ball.

But by just posting a few pictures, we can't see the overall motion. It's about more than rhythm and balance. It's about how you GOT from one position to another. What happens in between matters.

And, most people who post here are looking for some help. If you're not, if you're content to work on your swing and use a topic like this just to post progress updates, that's cool too. We have a few people like that. I'm one of them. We can respect that, and it's totally cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a friend that interviewed a very prominent player after he won the PGA. He was new to asking questions of a tour pro and made the mistake of asking him to explain his swing in 16 position points. The player made a bigger mistake giving him those 16 points. Screenshots are only for the teacher to assess a players swing. The tour player in question didn't win again for 7 years I think. It totally screwed up his swing because he had paralysis through analysis.

My swing coach many years ago wouldn't let me see video or screenshots if I was striking the ball poor enough to have him tune up my swing.

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff

Note: This thread is 1794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!