IGNORED

TaylorMade GAPR

Note: This thread is 1787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was fitted for a gapr mid but the pro has changed the settings to near the low end to tie in with the yardages. Whenever I hit it, everything is curving off to the left with poor contact. Would changing the settings possibly fix this as I never got a setting manual when I bought it?

Poor contact by you is not going to be fixed by changing loft settings.  Get on the range or launch monitor and find out.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry I didn't mean me duffing it, I mean the ball flight. Its slicing all the time and I generally have a slightly open face anyway so is this making it even more open?

There are far too many variables in golf to ask simple questions as such without providing video and/or launch monitor data.  Strike location, face to path, etc. etc.  More often than not, small equipment changes aren't determinative of excessive and unwanted curvature--it's you (and me and everyone haha).  If you got fit with a decent pro, then he set it there for a reason; you're just not executing.  You say you want to separate ball flight from your duffing- I'm saying that's likely the reason you have the ball flight!!!  Cmon man 

many variables here, so without showing a video of your swing, take any advice with a grain of salt.   

longer clubs generally have more of a tendency to leave the face open.  A lot of times when people are leaving the face open people focus on their hands and trying to close the face more through impact.   when people focus too much on their hands, they start their downswing with their arms, creating an over-the-top move and, subsequently, an out-to-in path.   Additionally, for some reason, people (like myself), feel like they need to swing long irons harder.   

slow your swing down, make a full turn, start your transition with your lower body, make good contact.   It's the archer, not the bow.  trust me.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• iacas changed the title to TaylorMade GAPR
Note: This thread is 1787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!