IGNORED

How Much Will This Cost to Fix?

Note: This thread is 1770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently picked up golf and my friend game me a set of his old clubs. There is a bit of a crack on the part where the driver head and the shaft meet. Just curious if I need to buy an entire new club or if it is an easy fix! Thank you in advance 

6BF45999-5E14-4460-AC64-8E31D764048A.jpeg

Is there a crack in the head?  I can't tell from the photograph.  The ferrule has slid up the shaft a bit; but that can be tapped back in place with an open end wrench and a weighty object.  If there is a crack, in the head itself, the club is toast.  It could still provide service as a themed pen or pencil holder/paperweight...once the shaft is removed.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That looks to me like a ferrule is loose, easy fix for a golf shop, probably only a few bucks (if they even bother to charge you for this).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

If it's just the ferrule and you can't move it back, a golf shop should be able to fix for about $5.

If the head is loose and working itself off the shaft, that is again a very simple repair, not more than $15.

• iacas changed the title to How Much Will This Cost to Fix?

... If the ferrule is difficult to move, pour some boiling water over it slowly for about 10 seconds and then push it back into place. 

The ferrule on my 3 wood has looked that way for years, I just leave it alone, it isn't loose or anything. If it really bothers you take it to a golf shop for an easy fix.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, Chisag said:

... If the ferrule is difficult to move, pour some boiling water over it slowly for about 10 seconds and then push it back into place. 

Or you could try heating it with a hair dryer to soften the glue and push them back together

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

Note: This thread is 1770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!