ZANDER1994

Lost Swings?

3 posts / 328 viewsLast Reply

So I had to take a couple weeks off due to the gosh darn flu followed by a rainy start to June in Minnesota. When I returned to my club this past week, I was suddenly unable to get the ball in the air (an issue I haven't had since I started playing!). Everything was either a horribly toed shank or a worm burner.

I finally took the afternoon today to hit the range. After 3 or 4 shots, all issues were suddenly gone. I probably hit something like 80 near perfect shots in a row. I went out on the course, shot a decent round in the high 80s and left scratching my head. I'm guessing my arms were just a little tight and perhaps I was rolling a bit.

It seems like maybe once or twice a year I completely lose my swing. Usually it's when I have to take a few weeks off like in this case. When it happens, I literally have the swing of someone who couldn't break 100. It makes me feel a little embarrassed if it happens in front of strangers and I often cut the round at 9 when it does. How do you guys go about it when this happens? Are there any cases of a lost swing that just never came back?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

A temporarily lost swing happen to everyone to some degree, at some point, multiple times, during their golf journey. 

When it happens to me, I just put away my clubs for a day or three, and not worry about it.

Some days, when I do put my bag away, I will take one of my extra putters, (Iron Rail) and do a little carpet putting. 

Maybe I will do a few reps with my Kallassy SM club. 

Most of the time however I just kick back with a few beers while fishing. 

Edited by Patch

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A bad day is just a bad day.  Like @Patch says...just walk away.  I'll give you free passage in the wasteland.  The game freezes once in a while.  Shut it off...reboot...and carry on.  The golf swing never truly goes away...it doesn't have anywhere else to go.  Set out some food and leave the back door open.  Oh...and try not to be angry...it can sense that and will stay away until you calm down.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades