Caligolfer2103

My Swing (Son I of Caligolfer2103)

3 posts / 770 viewsLast Reply

Son I has been Playing Golf for: 1 year
My current handicap index or average score is:N/A
My typical ball flight is: straight (no fade or draw)
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: none in particular, main idea is to continue refining swing where people see areas to clean up.

I can't believe I just found this site.  My younger son has been playing for about a year.  He's doing occasional lessons, but at this point, mostly working on his own to build consistency.  He has his first tournament in a couple weeks and I'm not looking to make wholesale changes, but would love to get any pointers from folks in the know.  He's 8, weighs about 55lbs and around 50" tall.  His driver probably goes around 140 - 150 yards on average.

Thanks!

Videos: 

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

With him,  I feel like his balance is a bit off kilter in that he leans too far over his feet.  And as a result, as a bit of a "jump" at the end of his swing.  We've been working on that, but it's something that comes and goes depending on the day.