ygmondoux

Old driver shaft flex vs new driver shaft flex

2 posts / 796 viewsLast Reply

I'm paying a 983E driver since last year (Love the head shape and flight of the ball) with a speeder stiff shaft made for titleist. I love this driver because it allows me to hit a fade and I can't loose a ball left, I can manage to draw the ball if I really need to but it takes a lot. 

I got on a trackman simulator the other day here are my numbers: 117-120mph CHS - 170-177mph BS - 11-12* launch - 2500-2700 spin - 290-305 carry - not much roll and pretty straight

The fitter wanted me to hit a new titleist driver with X-stiff to see my numbers: overall 3-4 more mph CHS, 2200 spin, 10 yards less carry, lots of roll but all 30 yards hooks.

Why would a stiffer shaft gives me the hooks? And I must say it kinda felt soft, tried a few different shafts all the same results. 

Are the new shaft any softer dans the year 2000 standard?

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

3 hours ago, ygmondoux said:

Why would a stiffer shaft gives me the hooks? And I must say it kinda felt soft, tried a few different shafts all the same results. 

Hard to say. There's so much more to shafts than just flex. Different shafts have different weights, bend profiles, torque, etc. It could just be that particular shaft isn't suited to your swing for whatever reason.

3 hours ago, ygmondoux said:

Are the new shaft any softer dans the year 2000 standard?

There is no industry standard for shaft flex.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades