IGNORED

Playing on Way Back to Tampa from Augusta National April 2020 - Where?

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 1716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Going to head up to Augusta for the Tuesday practice rounds and am trying to find a golf course (on the way back to Florida) where we could stop and play on way back home on Wednesday. Doesn't need to be a "Championship course", just something fun. If anyone knows of any........

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Playing on Way Back to Tampa from Augusta National April 2020 - Where?

Google shows that it is about a 7 hour drive from Augusta National back to Tampa.  If you wanted to stop a little more than half way, you can play TPC Sawgrasss  The Stadium Course... expensive but might be on your bucket list.   There are other fun courses in the Jacksonville area.   OR you can head a little further south and play either of the top rated courses at Hammock Beach Resort... they are both great!!

IF not, something between Savannah and Jacksonville, near I-75 would be great.    OR you can head over to Hilton Head as your first stop, play there and then head home, OR head down to Brunswick where there are several courses....  lots of options, depending on where you plan to stop along the way...    And CONGRATS on scoring the tickets to Augusta National, if this is your first time, ... you will be amazed and it will be a memory you will hold forever... take LOTS of photos.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 weeks later...

There is a course in Valdosta that might be worth your time. The Nationwide/Web.com Tour had a tournament there, the South Georgia Classic, from 2007-2014. I have not played it, but my grandpa has several times. Supposed to very nice.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgolfadvisor.brightspo

Kinderlou Forest Golf Club in Clyattville, Georgia: details, stats, scorecard, course layout, photos, reviews

Edited by gray

Note: This thread is 1716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!