IGNORED

Scotty Cameron Rust/Fertilizer Reaction

Note: This thread is 1747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So my scotty newport has developed some kinda disease. Help me cure it PLEASEEEE.

My local golf course put down a granular fert on the greens and after wiping my putter down after every hole, a day or two later I notice these spots on the sole of the putter. Always around the lettering. Has anybody heard/seen anything like this before?

I know it is a legit scotty, so its got no concern about being a fake/replica.

PICS: https://imgur.com/a/69TULDx

3 minutes ago, kiwi91 said:

So my scotty newport has developed some kinda disease. Help me cure it PLEASEEEE.

My local golf course put down a granular fert on the greens and after wiping my putter down after every hole, a day or two later I notice these spots on the sole of the putter. Always around the lettering. Has anybody heard/seen anything like this before?

I know it is a legit scotty, so its got no concern about being a fake/replica.

PICS: https://imgur.com/a/69TULDx

I would contact Scotty Cameron and ask them. The pics don't really show much.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Just appears to be what you can normally see on a putter. Wipe it down and keep it dry.

I agree: there's not much to see in the photos.

That said, I know how particular people are about their Scotty Camerons.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Just appears to be what you can normally see on a putter. Wipe it down and keep it dry.

I agree: there's not much to see in the photos.

I will try uploading another picture, to me its not really an issue as its obviously not effecting its play-ability but I have just sold it there on eBay and was just curious to see if it was something anyone else has dealt with.  

lk365m6h.jpg

Post with 4 views.

• Administrator

Those are better, but it just looks like a little rust or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I can try to get a picture of it later, but my Scotty has similar rust around some of the stampings. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

FYI, here's what mine looks like. (I removed all of the paintfill a while ago.)

IMG_7483.jpeg

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I use a product called Snow-Cap to take rust stains from well water off of my driveway and the side of the house.  Bet it, or a similar rust stain removal product would do the trick in about a second.

20 hours ago, jamo said:

FYI, here's what mine looks like. (I removed all of the paintfill a while ago.)

IMG_7483.jpeg

That looks kinda similar, did you try anything to remove the rust?

Note: This thread is 1747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!