IGNORED

My Swing (Double_AA)

Double_AA

(edited)

Took some time off of working on the swing and just playing. I’ve been playing decently finally creeping back into the 80s. Every now n then I shoot up to 100. Mostly happens on days that I just can’t make contact. Starting to wonder if my shafts may be too light… I have AMT Black shafts stiff. They have a different weight for each club going down with lower irons. Tried some 120g t100s at the Pga superstore and it was stripe city. Highly doubt that would solve  my problems lol but it’s a thought. Still casting through impact.

Edited by iacas
Embedded videos

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Trying to get the hands ahead of the club..

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

Trying to get the hands ahead of the club..

Start with shorter swings. Do maybe a quarter swing and rehearse so that your hands are in front and the shaft lines up to your right shoulder at impact. Then do a backswing and hit with a short follow through. When you have that down, increase the backswing to a half, three quarters etc. The short swings help you feel the hands forward, Key 3, in-line impact.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Still working on getting my hands ahead at impact. Been hitting a lot of short chip shots focusing on getting my hands past the ball before the club head. It works well for short shots and with wedges but having a tough time with full swings. I’m having more luck on trying to keep my right arm bent on the downswing/ through impact with the full swing. I’m going to keep at it because I think my flip/ cast looks less severe so far. Last round I hit irons and chips around the green great but using the same feels with woods was a disaster. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Glove under the right arm drill. 
Help with overswing and staying connected. 

12 hours ago, Double_AA said:

Help with overswing and staying connected. 

I’m not a big fan of that drill. It can cause your right elbow to get stuck on your side. I like this drill better and the feel that the right arm widens the backswing.

Also, ‘staying connected’ doesn’t really mean that your arms should be glued to your sides. Check this thread out.

Scott

My Swing Thread

55 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’m not a big fan of that drill. It can cause your right elbow to get stuck on your side. I like this drill better and the feel that the right arm widens the backswing.

Also, ‘staying connected’ doesn’t really mean that your arms should be glued to your sides. Check this thread out.

Thanks! I’ll try to drill out I like the idea of feeling pressure on your thumb. I’ve read the article multiple times. I was doing the armpit drill in attempt to stop getting my right arm behind my shirt seam. 

31 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

Thanks! I’ll try to drill out I like the idea of feeling pressure on your thumb. I’ve read the article multiple times. I was doing the armpit drill in attempt to stop getting my right arm behind my shirt seam. 

This drill will help more for that. Try and keep the right elbow from bending more than 90 degrees too.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 7/31/2021 at 9:03 AM, boogielicious said:

This drill will help more for that. Try and keep the right elbow from bending more than 90 degrees too.

Boogie!! Worked on the drill some yesterday and today. That’s a good looking backswing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Double_AA said:

Boogie!! Worked on the drill some yesterday and today. That’s a good looking backswing. 

Yes. Keep working on that drill and the chip drill. You can combine them too and slow it down.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
On 7/30/2021 at 7:06 PM, Double_AA said:

Oy. No.

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Been working on this more in the evenings. Hitting a lot of pitch shots then moving into the full swing. It looks like I could still shorten it up somewhat, does the right arm look to bent at the top here? 

11 hours ago, Double_AA said:

Been working on this more in the evenings. Hitting a lot of pitch shots then moving into the full swing. It looks like I could still shorten it up somewhat, does the right arm look to bent at the top here? 

Looks better, but think about more weight shift forward on the downswing from the top to about A6. In your chip/punch drills, your weight is shifting forward. Try to get that same feel from A4 to A6.

I’ve been doing this drill below since I went to Erie. Take it to the top, stop, shift weight forward so the left hip is over the ankle and let arms fall to A6. Then relax a bit (relaxed muscles are fast muscles) and draw back. Punch forward and stop at A9. For me the focus is getting the left hip to snap back faster. For you, it would be first to get the weight forward feel going.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 months later...

Best drive of my life! 
look at that swing plane lol

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

Found a new instructor at a local private course today, and I think I’ve finally found my guy. He had all of the analytical tools that I needed to satisfy my engineer brain and it cost the same as the last guy that just stood behind me at the range. He was able to pretty quickly find that I have a downswing sliding problem. Worked on that today and getting more toe up in follow through (been losing shots to the right lately). 

next lesson we will go on the course and play through a few holes. Then come up with a lesson plan.  I think this will be a real eye opener as to why I can’t stay in the 80s. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

I'm hoping this is a "feel ain't real" thing, because this ain't impact (or what I'd generally like to see at setup):

01.jpg

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm hoping this is a "feel ain't real" thing, because this ain't impact (or what I'd generally like to see at setup):

01.jpg

Yeah he said he was trying to exaggerate hands ahead and hips open at impact vs sliding past and casting.  I was having a hard time with it. It’s going to take a lot of work to stop sliding.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

Yeah he said he was trying to exaggerate hands ahead and hips open at impact vs sliding past and casting.  I was having a hard time with it. It’s going to take a lot of work to stop sliding.

Almost all good players "slide" forward.

Rory is 4" forward of where he set up before left arm parallel in the downswing here.