IGNORED

Best kind of hole in one

crawf061
Note: This thread is 5917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Best kind of hole in one?

• Seeing the ball going in the hole
    • Unsure until you see the ball in the hole
    • It matters not, an ace is an ace

What do you think the best kind of hole in one is?

I've never had one, but I hope that if I do I can watch the ball go in the hole.
In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

The best I have ever seen live on tv was Miguel Angel Jiménez's hole in one at the Dubai desert classic 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGpbbogaU8

Straight in the hole :) Around 200 yards on a par 3.

That is the best kind of hole in one imo as it looks so classy, though, if you hit it and it checked up and just rolled in like a putt, it would be fantastic to watch. Like Paul Casey in the Ryder Cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO9RvmZ-Bco

The only kind of hole in one that matters is one that has witnesses around.

Nothing better than sharing that moment with friends or even people that you dont know.

Was golfing with a few friends. Im in the sand, another is in the woods behind the hole. He tees it up hits it, hops twice on the green, hits the pin and drops. The feeling to have a friend do it is amazing, but I cant imagine what it would feel like to have one for yourself.
The guys on the tee box on the next hole waited to congratulate my friend.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

An ace is an ace, it could bounce off a tree and go in and I'd be soo happy for my first hole in one.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Never had one either. Would like the first to be on the first hole of a big invitational tournament when there are several hundred people watching. But then, first hole par 3s are rare; maybe a driveable par 4, but then I have trouble seeing a ball without binoculars over 200 yards away.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

Wow, grats on the 4. Closest I have come is knockn' one off the flag stick to have it roll like 13yds. away from the hole.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Wow, grats on the 4. Closest I have come is knockn' one off the flag stick to have it roll like 13yds. away from the hole.

Hahaha. I hear you man. I didn't get my first until 4 years ago, then I got 2 last year alone to make 4. Now I bet I won't have another the rest of my days.

What do you think the best kind of hole in one is?

An ace is an ace, even if you use a toothpick to get the ball in the hole, and no matter how it gets there, as long as it's there.

Reminds me of one time about three years ago, 160 yard par 3 downhill, with corn field on the left. Buddy hits a big hook right over into the field, bounces off one of those bigassed combines, comes back in play and finishes about twelve inches from the hole. Sum Bitch gets a tap-in bird. Think though, if that'd gone in the hole...
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I have 4 myself. I was there for my father's first and he was there for mine. Doesn't get much better than that.

Wow Definatly congrats. Closest I've came is inches about 5 times.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I'll take one anyway I can get one, but if I had to pick I would choose the ball in the jar...bam.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

There is an uphill par 3 at my course about 145 yards, 30 foot or so elevation. Cant see the ball when it hits the green, really no idea where it is depth wise. Come close within a foot, no aces for me yet...but thats the hole I want it on, I voted for "wait to see if it's in the hole". Wouldn't want a "crap shot" ace though, would want one with a good swing and contact. Got a double eagle on a short par 5 on a bladed 4 iron that hit the pin and dropped straight down...big deal,,,, crappy shot turned lucky.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I came really close to getting two in one round when I was playing in an outing, but unfortunately I still have none. Although, I did win the closest to the pin compettition that day.

This ace is pretty nuts though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3SJ1wtAAnU

In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

My fiance's grandfather got a hole in one this morning! Here is the wording from his email...

A HOLE IN ONE!!! 154 yard par 3 - 17th hole with a five iron hit dead straight but I thought it was short. After Larry, Gene and I looked for it for a while someone thought to look in the hole. A beautiful sight! Thank you Lord for such good luck!

In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

5 years ago 200 yds with a 4 iron over a bunker and in the clowns mouth.Had to sit down for 5 min while my heart pounded.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Note: This thread is 5917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!