IGNORED

My Swing (ahelix)

I've been Playing Golf for: 10 months
My current handicap index or average score is: 36.4
My typical ball flight is: Slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Inconsistently striking the ball (goes 25 yards) and MAJOR slice when I do get some distance (specifically with driver)

Videos: I'll get some better videos soon, but here's what I currently have

ngUhAmApJ10ADAVsIK1SnUMQsFGuCLbA_tile_po

Play this Golf video with Jim Perez
3NkNt7dOGZdVpeHTvhtKHqgkNwg3YyLq_tile_po

Play this Golf video with Jim Perez
urgw1UFmU34MhHNSV3TOPgXQtRTR3ZGN_tile_po

Play this Golf video with sukhjeet batth

Thanks!

My (amateur) thoughts:

1. Moving your head - try to maintain spine angle and position

2. Swinging mostly with arms - make takeaway more 1 piece and coil

3. Trying to hit too hard - I don't know how to fix that!

On 9/14/2019 at 4:27 PM, saevel25 said:

Please embed using Youtube, Thanks!

Thank you! Two of the videos are from my instructor so I can't get the original video to put on Youtube. One of them was from my phone so I'm putting it here. I couldn't figure out how to edit my original post to fix it there...

• 3 months later...

Working on a few things:

1. Trying not to move my head up and down like @Sclaffer mentioned. I do this more with the hybrid. Helps if I bend at my hips a little more when setting up to start, otherwise I have a tendency to come down as I swing--especially if I try hitting it really hard.
  2. Turning my head and looking up a little earlier to sync up better with my rotation
  3. Swinging more inside out (more between 1st and 2nd base) while turning wrist to get that "X", and trying to lead with toe
  4. Trying not to hit it too hard

• 4 months later...

UPDATE/PROGRESS:
I've been Playing Golf for: 1.5 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 34.9
My typical ball flight is: Slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Not making good contact, hitting it fat or topping

Changes: Really worked on fixing the follow-through to let my arms fold, still having to focus on keeping wrist straight for inside-out swing (vs extended)

12 hours ago, ahelix said:

Any suggestions/feedback on my latest video/swing? Doing more of a 3/4 swing until I get things down a little better.

If you are working with an instructor, I would recommend listening to them. If you’re looking for drills, check out these.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/22/2020 at 4:09 AM, boogielicious said:

If you are working with an instructor, I would recommend listening to them. If you’re looking for drills, check out these.

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, think I was just looking for some drills to supplement the work I'm doing with my instructor.