IGNORED

Do YOU suffer from SGDD?

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I woke up and was immediately in a good mood: weather.com said the high in NYC metro area was 42, sunny, and low wind. In other words, a GREAT day for golf!

So I drove out to Pelham Bay (about 20 min. drive) and arrived at the course. The parking lot was deserted. There was nobody anywhere. Just me, and an empty course.

Of course is was then that I realized we got 6 inches of snow two days ago, and none of it had melted. Then I realized that I drove by snow covered fields all the way to the course, and didn't notice that either. And it was THEN that I realized that I have SGDD: Seasonal Golf Denial Disorder. I have noticed that SGDD gets really bad this time of year: the golf on TV looks so great, but the weather around here sucks, and I am so into the golf on TV, that I develop a denial about what its like here.

Anybody else have SGDD besides me? It helps to get it off your chest. . .

right now i think i am suffering from golf withdrawel. i also woke up this morning thinking i was going to play. nope. snow on the ground.

i pretty much have figured out that i need to play golf regularly to keep me sane. lol.

its such a therapeutic sport

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Today I woke up and was immediately in a good mood: weather.com said the high in NYC metro area was 42, sunny, and low wind. In other words, a GREAT day for golf!

You should have asked Scottie to send out some of the greenskeepers to plow the snow for you. The only thing worse is going out to the course, mid-week, during this time of year and finding 100 or so people on the course. You stand there, asking yourself, "Why are these people here?"

Winter golf, nothing like it.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Anybody else have SGDD besides me? It helps to get it off your chest. . .

Well, I have a tee time for 9:26 tomorrow morning and wondered through the rain today what the course will be like tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

don't have sgdd but i do have a problem with a divot in my wooden floor inside practice area getting bigger and bigger

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Oh, heh, I am struggling. This has been a bad winter - ice and snow persistent throughout most of January and February. I haven't played since the first of this month, and the last round before that was New Year's day. So I'm about to go postal here.

During a good winter, I could play all through it, since "winter" usually means 50 degrees...not this year. Global warming my ass. Al Gore is an idiot.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

this is exactly why I want to move to Fla. (the Wife thinks it's cause I want to be close to my Family, but I insist it's for my Golf game... ), but anyways this time of year is hard on the regular Golfer, at least in the North anyways......

When the patch of practice dirt in the front yard gets so deep it turns into a puddle when it rains, you know spring has GOT to be around the corner.

A week ago the weather was great for a few days, but the clubs stayed in the closet and the weather turned terrible again, . . . why play one time and get the taste . . . a taste of honey is worse than none at all . . . best to wait till the weather stablizes and so you can get into your game again.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

i live in melbourne and the weather is userly good msot of the year even in winter cause we are in a drought so it doesnt rain lol nah it gets bad tho because we have no water and the courses are drying up most public courses are so bad u dont even want to play this one course i played i hit a 350m drive it rolled about 110-120m i userly only hit it about 250m with about 50m roll i saw pics of my home course from about 10 years ago and MY GOD The grass is green then i went out and was sad:( lol nah its playable but if we dont get rain soon were gonna struggel

G Funk played 9at Sunken Meadow day before the snow.Weather says at least 2 days of rain this week in the 40 to 45 range so maybe we get rid of it?

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Yup, its supposed to rain heavy on Tuesday with temps in the 40's till the weekend. Forcast says the temperature is good enough for decent golf... but it all depends on if that snow/ice melts or not.

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

Oh, heh, I am struggling. This has been a bad winter - ice and snow persistent throughout most of January and February.

we have had snow on the ground and cold weather since the first of december.

and yes, Al Gore is and idiot...don't even start on global warming when its this cold out

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

During a good winter, I could play all through it, since "winter" usually means 50 degrees...not this year. Global warming my ass. Al Gore is an idiot.

and yes, Al Gore is and idiot...don't even start on global warming when its this cold out

Careful guys; on most of the internet, saying that risks causing global warming from all the hot air its advocates will put out reacting to your statements

Meanwhile, we've got a cold winter too. It isn't just "global warming, no way" it's "global warming, I hope so!" or "global warming, I can't wait!"

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh, heh, I am struggling. This has been a bad winter - ice and snow persistent throughout most of January and February. I haven't played since the first of this month, and the last round before that was New Year's day. So I'm about to go postal here.

Man, when I started this thread I was pretty low, but reading these hilarious responses is making feel MUCH better.

LAMEBUMS, I am thrilled to hear that a good winter means endless golf in Kentucky. My NYC apartment is going to implode with excitement TWO WEEKS LEFT!

I am in pain, just waiting for 45+ and I'm there...

Tiger Woods Golf video game really helps thru these times - i have it on my computer

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

I suffered through a round today.... not being able to decide whether to keep the windbreaker on.

Two holes it's on... two holes it's off. It was killing me!!

Driver: 454 Comp 10.5* Stiff
3-Wood: Warbird Strong 3 Stiff
Irons: I10, 3-PW, white dot, stiff
Wedges: Tour-W 54/14 and 60/10
Putter: Anser 2Ball: Pro-V1

I suffered through a round today.... not being able to decide whether to keep the windbreaker on.

Shut the hell up, lol. People that get to play golf year around, or close to it, are not allowed to post in this thread. So go away.

Note: This thread is 5914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!