IGNORED

Got Facial Hair?

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry ladies, this question is for the guys only . . .

If you do got facial hair, what kind?
Beard, mustache, goatee, soul patch, van dyke, whatever.

Right now I'm sans facial hair, but in the past have had a mustache, a full bear (for skiing season) and a short goatee + mustache.

I shave about weekly. Facial hair just doesn't seem to grow much for me.

When I was 19, I wanted a beard. Like, civil war general beard. I didn't shave for a month. I mentioned at school that I was going without shaving so I'd have a beard. A faculty member who knew me was walking by and pointed out that I've got a good day's worth and should keep at it.

I'd consider a classic villain mustache, but I really only got the idea from an episode of Firefly . I would also consider a Fu Manchu if I could grow it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Would love to have facial hair, but job permits to be well groomed. However when im on vacation i get scruffy.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Well some women maybe able to answer!
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

Well some women maybe able to answer!

hahaha...

anyways i prefer the scruffy look.
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

So you like women with facial hair and a scruffy look!

Every man to there own!
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

I have a mustache that connects to my goatee... then my goatee connects to my sideburns. I keep my cheeks and under-chin shaved, and I use my electric clippers to keep my beard at the 1-guard length (like 1/6" I'd guess).

I thought it was "cool" when I had to start shaving in middle-school (no lie, I've had a full beard since I was 16)... but now, I wish I had never started shaving and didn't have to deal with this fur every day (I have to shave twice a day if I'm going out that night).

I did grow a ZZ Top back when I was 22 though, and I have to be honest... it felt good knowing I could grow a Gandalf beard if I wanted to. One day soon I am going to stop trimming my chin hair and grow one of those old Chinese Kung-Fu movie goatees and braid that bastard down to my knees.

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

Mostly chin hair

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

I thought it was "cool" when I had to start shaving in middle-school (no lie, I've had a full beard since I was 16)... but now, I wish I had never started shaving and didn't have to deal with this fur every day (I have to shave twice a day if I'm going out that night).

It seems to me that the current thinking is that shaving doesn't affect how much your hair grows. So relax, you'd be in that boat even if you had let the beard grow in middle school.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I had a full beard, 'bout 2 months growth as of Friday.

Saturday I shaved little, left full mutton-chop side burns and left a horseshoe 'stache. Had alot of fun with that Sat night out.

Clean-shaved as of this am.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I had a full beard kept, kept it short, for 15 years. Since I went gray I have a moustache, last 15 years. Shindig don't worry it starts growing slower once you get close to 50, I was a twice a day shaver when young and clean shaven.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Shindig don't worry it starts growing slower once you get close to 50, I was a twice a day shaver when young and clean shaven.

Slower? Great, I won't have any facial hair as an old man either!

-- Michael | My swing! 

Slower? Great, I won't have any facial hair as an old man either!

Haha, I believe that comment was for me

Shin, you lucky dog

Haha, I believe that comment was for me

There are some disadvantages. It's easy to go a while without shaving, but then I just look dirty. It doesn't look careless or unshaven, just dirty.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I have to shave it off once, maybe twice a week. Within two weeks of not shaving it looks dirty, or peach fuzzy. Four weeks and I look like a yeti.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Four weeks and I look like a yeti.

Give me a week and I could audition for an extra on Cavemen

I never thought about that though, and you guys might be right. It might be better having stubble and someone saying, "Wow, he needs to shave..." instead of looking "dirty". OK, here's a pretty weird, slightly metrosexual question... Anyone ever heard of waxing a beard? I've never heard of anyone doing it, but it was suggested to me once, and I blew it off until this topic

I have a goatee. Sometimes I will shave my mustache and just leave the chin hair. I will always have some form of facial hair, as I do not like the way I look when I am clean shaven. My wife talked me into a clean shave a while back and it just confirmed it for me. I would noe suggest doing a wax on your facial hair. I have heard that waxing is pretty painful.

With the exception of most of 2007 I have had some form of facial hair for more than 10 years. I used to have a goatee year round but it started getting gray so I went to just the flavor saver or soul patch. I kept that for about a year. For a while I went with the chin hair only. In December of 2007 I decided to grow a beard for a week or two. I shaved my neck in the front because I get bad ingrown hairs but went full beard. It was not lovely. Right before Christmas I went back to the combo chin hair and soul patch. It's dark in the middle and gray on either side.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!