IGNORED

Scotty Cameron Putters

Note: This thread is 5898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Scotty Cameron putters are the best you can buy i would prefer the studio stainless newport beach
In my Hoofer Extreme

DriverBurner Stock Shaft 9.5

1 Iron Hybrid Idea Pro3 Iron HybridIdea ProIronsX-Forged 4-PWWedgesSpin Milled Vokey PutterStudio Select Newport 2BallPro V1

scotys arent that expensinve i actually payed more for my 2 ball than a scotty woulid have cost me using ebay ofcourse

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I could be wrong, but I always thought Tiger used a Ping Zing or Zing2 putter as a kid ... Hence, the reason he still uses a Ping putter grip to this day. Anyone else know?

That is correct. He used a Ping Anser 2 as a kid. His Scotty has a similar head shape and obviously the same style of Ping Grip.

You know I think you both are correct...he used a Ping when he was a kid but then went to the Scotty (with the Ping grip) when he was sponsered by Titleist earluy in his Pro career. However, he has been putting with the Scotty practically his whole pro career...that should say somehting about the putter knowing how particualr Tiger is about everything in his bag, etc...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

You know I think you both are correct...he used a Ping when he was a kid but then went to the Scotty (with the Ping grip) when he was sponsered by Titleist earluy in his Pro career. However, he has been putting with the Scotty practically his whole pro career...that should say somehting about the putter knowing how particualr Tiger is about everything in his bag, etc...

The ping grip could be just a sly dig at Scotty, letting him know that his putter is just a copy of the Anser.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

The ping grip could be just a sly dig at Scotty, letting him know that his putter is just a copy of the Anser.

Ha! Ha! Good one...don't get me wrong I own a Scotty and it is always in my bag but I do own an old Ping B60 beryllium putter that I will never get rid of...my son uses it when we play...oh yeah and it has a ping grip on it...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I have to say that I was a skeptic hearing all of the love for Camerons. Collecting them, sending them in to be authenticated, customized, etc...hundreds of dollars...then to own several. Kooky.

But then a guy I worked with offered me one for $125. I bought it and it really is great. I am not the greatest putter, but it easily will take 5 strokes off my awful game. It is amazing. I am not sure what it is, but I am much better with it than the last 10 putters that didnt work for me.

WITB
Rapture 10.5
looking for my V Steel...wish I hadn't sold it
a3os 7 wood
MX-19 4 - GW MP-R 54, 60Studio Stainless Newport Beach

I have a couple Camerons and I love them. They are very well made putters and I just like the way they feel/look etc. Let me put it this way, what kind of watch do you wear? What kind of car do you drive? Doesn't an old Casio tell time? A beat up Civic get you from point A to point B?
In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

I have an SC putter and I like it. It was my first putter with the insert in it. Took me forever to get used to it. I used an Answer 2 for many years. I should have never left her.
IN THE BAG:

Driver- 907 D2 9.5 w/ Aldila "Proto By You" Stiff
3 Wood- 975 w/ Aldila NV
5 Wood- 975 w/ Aldila NVIrons- 806CB w/ Black shaftsWedges- Vokey 52*,56*,60*Putter- NewportBall- Pro V1

I am not sure what it is, but I am much better with it than the last 10 putters that didnt work for me.

It might be due to confidence at address. The Cameron putters have a great aeshtic look to them and the feel is fantastic.

I was a person that used cheap putters, around like 25-50 dollars purchased from random sporting goods stores, but when I made the jump to a Cameron putter I was suprised by the weight of the putter at first. Made me adjust my stance to get more of a shoulder action in my putt. But, I was suprised that I actually had more confidence when I am standing over a putt with the putter in my hands then with anything else I have tried. I am not saying it will read the putts for you, I am pretty sure that putter would be priceless, but its a great putter. And if you think its not the one for you there are plenty of other options out there.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Scotty makes a great putter no doubt, but there are plenty of others out there that are just as good.

Scotty is a marketing genious. That is the only difference between him and some of the others putter makers.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Note: This thread is 5898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!