IGNORED

Unable to Submit 18 Hole Score to GHIN

klineka
Note: This thread is 1471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I just tried to submit my 18 hole score from this morning to both the GHIN website and app and am having some issues and not sure what to do

First, on the website it only gives me the option to post a 9 hole score, not the 18 hole score. In the app the option exists to submit an 18 hole score, but there are no tee boxes available to choose from for this course so I can't do it in the app and i dont think you can manually enter course and slope ratings in the app. On the website it doesn't matter if I choose the hole-by-hole scoring, or the total score, it only allows me to enter in a 9 hole score on the website.

I checked some other courses and it seems like it is an issue with just this course only, I did notice the course switched up the order of the 9s this year, what used to be hole 10 is now hole 1, and what used to be hole 1 is now hole 10, so I'm not sure if that affected it or not.

Any ideas how I should submit this round? Should I try it as two 9 hole scores and let it combine them? I see the option to manually enter the course and slope ratings, but I don't know what those would be for each of the 9 holes, the scorecard only shows the 18 hole ratings.

image.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, klineka said:

So I just tried to submit my 18 hole score from this morning to both the GHIN website and app and am having some issues and not sure what to do

First, on the website it only gives me the option to post a 9 hole score, not the 18 hole score. In the app the option exists to submit an 18 hole score, but there are no tee boxes available to choose from for this course so I can't do it in the app and i dont think you can manually enter course and slope ratings in the app. On the website it doesn't matter if I choose the hole-by-hole scoring, or the total score, it only allows me to enter in a 9 hole score on the website.

I checked some other courses and it seems like it is an issue with just this course only, I did notice the course switched up the order of the 9s this year, what used to be hole 10 is now hole 1, and what used to be hole 1 is now hole 10, so I'm not sure if that affected it or not.

Any ideas how I should submit this round? Should I try it as two 9 hole scores and let it combine them? I see the option to manually enter the course and slope ratings, but I don't know what those would be for each of the 9 holes, the scorecard only shows the 18 hole ratings.

image.png

Post each 9 separately for a "combined" score???

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• Administrator

You should write to your golf association. Something is goofy with that course:

https://ncrdb.usga.org/courseTeeInfo.aspx?CourseID=11773

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Brief update to this, I emailed the Ohio Golf Association and they informed me that the golf course I played at is no longer a member of the Ohio Golf Association which is why I was unable to select tee boxes for that course. They instructed me to manually enter the score, however when I tried to do so yesterday, I still only had the 9 hole option even when manually adding a course. 

I checked again today and had the 18 hole option available to I was able to manually enter the course and slope ratings and post the round, which happened to be one of my best differentials ever, a 3.5! Should definitely help the handicap a bit, should drop me under 6.

• Informative 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 1471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!