IGNORED

My Swing (DuckDuckFoose)

DuckDuckFoose

When this summers all said and done I'll have a killer 9 to 3 50 degree slight pull shot in the bag. Went to range again today put a couple headcovers by the ball to hopefully help me swing so my ball starts a little right of the target to little success. Cant seem to get the shaft to shallow slight like my coach wants. It's tough hitting 50 to 60 percent 9 to 3 shots with a whole bucket but I'm hoping it pays off! 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Last video I sent in before I headed out of town for a week, been really grinding at feeling like the club head rides the wall a little longer in the downswing. Still having mixed results, I feel super flat when I'm swinging, but my Coach said to keep working on it, so I will. I will say when I do make good contact, ball starts right and draws a little to the left and flight looks amazing. When I dont connect well, it normally just stays right, or it's a slight pull. The flight is more consistent all around in terms of distance and height though, so that's a plus. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been working on this all summer so far, still just short swings trying to feel the clubhead ride "the wall" behind me a little long than before.  My scores have been going down slightly but it's mainly from the driver showing up more consistently than last year, and my short game coming around. My irons might be the worst it's ever been. Hoping to see some progress on those in the near future. 

Took some full swings today to send to my instructor. Still not getting the clubhead sliding down the wall slightly feeling. Anyone have any feels that work for them to get the club not so steep in the downswing. Gonna stick with the drill he gave me, but looking to see if anyone has had any luck with a certain move or feel to accomplish it. Thanks in advance. 

• Administrator

I think you’re going to find that you’re too laid off too early and the club will have to steepen.

Go more across the line feeling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think you’re going to find that you’re too laid off too early and the club will have to steepen.

Go more across the line feeling.

That means clubhead closer to my actual head at the top of backswing? Not trying to overstep my instructor but it's what he has me working on although on 9 to 3 swings right now and I for the life of me even swinging slowly cant seem to grasp the movement too well. Thank you, I'll give it a shot. 

• Administrator

It’s not overstepping. I talked to him earlier today or yesterday.

If you’re too shallow at the top you’re generally going to steepen coming down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 5 weeks later...

Been working on slow swings to get the feeling of the right elbow externally rotating more instead of internally rotating. Obviously its a new thought, and body motion, but I just don't see how you generate any speed or power when I do these movements thats how foreign they feel.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Been working on trying to get rid of the inside takeaway, and crappy alignment, looks like I still got a lot of work to do, but the outfit is on point!

• Administrator

Thing is, you have no real idea if this is an "inside takeaway" or what, because the camera angle is so far off.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:15 AM, iacas said:

Thing is, you have no real idea if this is an "inside takeaway" or what, because the camera angle is so far off.

Yeah that was just my buddy taping a swing for me, I have plenty of swings from the range with a tripod where the camera angle is in a better position. So I guess on that swing I dont know if it was inside. But its a general issue, so im assuming.