IGNORED

My Swing (DuckDuckFoose)

DuckDuckFoose

I've been Playing Golf for: This will be my second year playing, picked up the clubs before but maybe only 3 to 4 times a year with no practice. 

My current handicap index or average score is: 19.1
My typical ball flight is: slight draw if struck well.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: well I'd like to only have a one way miss, currently I either push the ball out right, or it's a hook that starts on my target line and pulls off of it. I do ten to hit wormburners alot. I figure if I can get the swing working a little better then wormburners will be limited on their own. 

Videos: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

I've been Playing Golf for: This will be my second year playing, picked up the clubs before but maybe only 3 to 4 times a year with no practice. 

My current handicap index or average score is: 19.1
My typical ball flight is: slight draw if struck well.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: well I'd like to only have a one way miss, currently I either push the ball out right, or it's a hook that starts on my target line and pulls off of it. I do ten to hit wormburners alot. I figure if I can get the swing working a little better then wormburners will be limited on their own. 

Videos: 

Pretty good looking swing. Can you post a face on? The low shots could be improved by set up. We can see that with a face on.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Pretty good looking swing. Can you post a face on? The low shots could be improved by set up. We can see that with a face on.

I dont have one currently, was planning on recording one next week when I get some free time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, it not a bad looking swing. Are you making good contact most of the time? I would recommend going through the full swing drills here. Two way misses may indicate clubface control issues.  It it all begins with the takeaway. One of my regular drill is the day 5 drill. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

31 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Honestly, it not a bad looking swing.

I agree. It doesn’t look like the swing of a 19 handicap. I’m sure more astute swing doctors can chime in.

- Shane

@CarlSpackler @boogielicious I would say I make contact that I'm happy with about 40 percent of the time. The other 60 percent being a mix of push right, and a hook, the hook being more common. Some rounds I can go out and good contact never arrives and I shoot a 108. Other rounds I can go out and it seems my slight draw is working and I can shoot into the low 80s even though I have only done that twice. Maybe it's just something that overtime I'll groove better and my contact will get better? I havent been golfing too long so it could just be something that comes with more time and swings? Thanks for the observations as well. 

@boogielicious I'll start giving those drills a try as well thank you. 

7 hours ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

@CarlSpackler I pulled this off of one of the swing videos, if it needs to be better quality I could take a picture tomorrow. Does my grip seem to have any glaring weaknesses? 

Screenshot_20200416-233354_Video Player.jpg

It looks good to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

- Shane

Do I look too steep by chance? I've been working on trying to shallow the club since I started and I'm not sure if I'm even doing it, or what's hindering it. Or if I have bigger things to worry about. Thanks for all the replies guys its appreciated. 

13 hours ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

Do I look too steep by chance? I've been working on trying to shallow the club since I started and I'm not sure if I'm even doing it, or what's hindering it. Or if I have bigger things to worry about. Thanks for all the replies guys its appreciated. 

It doesn’t look excessively steep. You may be coming over the top slightly. Try to get the camera lined up in your toe line. You are definitely not flipping or casting either, which is good.

Go through those drills and film yourself doing them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been working on a few of the covid practice plans drills, and just signed up for the evolvr website to really nail down a better swing. It's hard not to go into every topic and think I need to change whatever the topic entails. I found the 52 page thread on getting the hips to move forward, and cant help but think that I spin them out too much, and dont get them moving forward enough, but I dont know. 

12 minutes ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

So I have been working on a few of the covid practice plans drills, and just signed up for the evolvr website to really nail down a better swing. It's hard not to go into every topic and think I need to change whatever the topic entails. I found the 52 page thread on getting the hips to move forward, and cant help but think that I spin them out too much, and dont get them moving forward enough, but I dont know. 

Let your Evolvr instructor tell you what your priority piece is. Don’t get info overload and stray from your focus.

• Informative 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

My evolvr coach got back to me and has me working on my left hand grip, rotating it slightly more clockwise to start with. I'm going to work on that for a week or two and keep him updated as he told me to do. He didnt specify if the grip itself was the issue or if the its the way my hand was positioned on the club was the issue. I asked him, awaiting reply. I

20200427_194109.thumb.jpg.6e5cfbfe49f95d7eab9d0dc4cbab1c69.jpg

20200427_194113.jpg

• Administrator

A bit lower in the pinkie, and not so much off the end of the grip.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

A bit lower in the pinkie, and not so much off the end of the grip.

So my hand closer to the clubface, and the shaft more in I guess I'd call it my pinky pocket?