IGNORED

Golfers do dumb things

golf_junkie27
Note: This thread is 5727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I kill a chicken humanely, I eat it. I kill a chicken, through severe physical trauma, and leave it lying there to rot, with blood coming out of its nostrils. Can you see the difference?

Do you really think the chickens are killed humanely. If you do you havent seen the tapes that have come out of slaughter houses.

Once I take a hawk on as a pet maybe I will feel some sympathy for it. Until that time its just another bird to me. And you are all making Tripp sound worse than Vick. 1 hawk to countless dogs. Which is really worse? I am done with this thread. All this opinion farting is not what I come to this forum for.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this opinion farting is not what I come to this forum for.

don't curse the odor, light a match

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Do you really think the chickens are killed humanely. If you do you havent seen the tapes that have come out of slaughter houses.

Yeah, becaure a high voltage is much less humane than hitting it with a head-sized lump at 100mph. (Sarcastic)

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I guess I can deal with the stench if a match has been lit.

Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Yeah, becaure a high voltage is much less humane than hitting it with a head-sized lump at 100mph. (Sarcastic)

High voltage, I am confused to where this comes in.

High voltage, I am confused to where this comes in.

Thats one way to kill a chicken.

Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I am done, I am not trying to vindicate Tripps actions. What he did was wrong. And in previous posts I have said this before. He will be fined, He will write a check to a Bird Foundation. And that will be the end of it.

Doing Community Service thats just to far. Did Randy Johnson have to do anything when the bird exploded after he threw his pitch and it nailed the bird. NO.

I am done, I am not trying to vindicate Tripps actions. What he did was wrong. And in previous posts I have said this before. He will be fined, He will write a check to a Bird Foundation. And that will be the end of it.

Randy Johnson did not try to hit the bird that he killed. That bird flew into a pitch, huge difference.

I understand and fully agree with you. What he did was wrong. I think the beef a lot of people have is: 1) Tripp is 39 years old. He's not 8. 2) He did not hit this bird on the first attempt. He took, at least, 7 or 8 swings before hitting it. Inclusive, he actually got excited when he just missed him. His excuses last night on the Golf Channel were not worth airing. Was it me or did he look and sound exactly like Roger Clemens' lawyer? I laughed when he said that striking an object from 75 yards is a one-in-a-million type shot. Really? How many times have we seen pros, with ease, break the glass from 40 yards? Again, he's 39 and a father. You would think that at some point he would stop behaving like an 8 year old playing "Army."

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Administrator
Clearly there was intent. Hitting one ball at a bird is intent - hitting several and saying "I'll get him now" just solidifies it. I'm curious to know if the people who think there was no intent are just as calm when some jerk behind them hits into their foursome.

Plus golfers aim for the hole all the time. Just because they miss doesn't mean they didn't have the intent.

To the guy who points out that the bird (it's bigger than a foot tall, dude) was "225 feet" (75 yards) away, remember that Tiger hit a 6" square camera lens on his second try from 110 yards... after intentionally missing on the first one and only truly aiming at it after being told "aim for the lens." Tripp is no Tiger, I give you that, but 10+ balls at a bird only 75 yards away? The odds of hitting it weren't exactly "slim to none."

All life is worth something, but you bet your butt some is worth more than others (not in the religious sense). An endangered animal is worth more. Your child's life is worth more than the thousands of monkeys or rodents that may have been sacrificed to find a cure for your child's disease.

Those of you comparing this to hunting or eating store-bought chicken need to get a better argument. The two are unrelated. Same goes for anything re: Michael Vick.

I personally think a steep fine, some community service with some wildlife group, and I wouldn't be opposed to the PGA Tour suspending him for two months, either, to be honest. If nothing else, it'd help cool off the story.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First person to get this one will get a rep point (actually 3).

What famous club company would and should be the last club company to offer Tripp a club endorsement and why?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

i didn't like the slazenger golf ball advertisement where they kept a jaquar in a back room and tossed it some meat

very inhumane and not respectful of the natural condition of animals

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

It's not Slanzenger (not that you were answering my question).

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Probably Callaway, didnt they have a Hawkeye line at some point.

Probably Callaway, didnt they have a Hawkeye line at some point.

You are so close...I will give you credit for "Hawkeye" but not quite what I was looking for. Anymore?

Top-Flite, makes sense to me. I atleast should get a cookie for the Hawkeye line suggestion.

Top-Flite, makes sense to me. I atleast should get a cookie for the Hawkeye line suggestion.

I gave you points...not Top-Flite. You are getting cold.

I will post the answer later tonight.

Is it Hogan? As in the Hogan Hawk golf ball?
Whats in the bag:

First person to get this one will get a rep point (actually 3).

He is currently a Taylormade endorsed player, but we'll see how long that lasts after his recent actions.

As far as the person who said Top-Flite... Top-Flite, Ben Hogan, and Odyssey are all part of the Callaway Golf company (just as Maxfli is part of Taylormade, and Cobra, FootJoy, and Titliest are all part of Acushnet).

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Note: This thread is 5727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!