IGNORED

Swing Thoughts

Borf
Note: This thread is 5907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Swing thoughts, are you positive, negitive or just dont know what im talking about?

• Positive Thoughts
    • Negitive Thoughts
    • I don't Know

Another ridiculous poll IMO.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I tend to think happy thoughts. Im smart enough. Im skilled enough. And gosh darn it, people like me! Welcome to the Stuart Smally show from SNL! :)

Seriously, I dont think of anything, positive or negative. I just swing and pray baby...swing and pray...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

haha, this is a pretty poor poll. I was just bored, not much thought put into it haha, better luck next time i guess

No thoughts. Swing thoughts are for training mode and that is reserved for the practice tee. Once you're on the course, trust your swing and let it go.

If I find myself thinking about a swing, I'll try to back off and focus on my grip and posture and go through my routine again. Having a default go-to thought is a good way to avoid any other thoughts entering your mind.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No thoughts. Swing thoughts are for training mode and that is reserved for the practice tee. Once you're on the course, trust your swing and let it go.

No swing thoughts keep your mind empty that is easy enough for most of us.

No swing thoughts? That's as bad as negative swing thoughts.

We should all have 1 or 2 (max) short, meaningful swing thoughts. This works in conjunction with the image of your target. I think one of Jack's swing thoughts early in a round was something like "Complete the backswing". These aren't specific mechanical thoughts. They're meant to remind you of a key.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I just think about the weather and im happy

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I tend to clear my mind. The last thing I want to think about in a backswing is " Oops, I went back to far for a 3/4 shot "

The only thoughts you should really have is during the practice cuts. Thats when you mentally prepare for the upcoming shots. Anything after that you arent properly prepared for your shot.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

I tend to clear my mind. The last thing I want to think about in a backswing is " Oops, I went back to far for a 3/4 shot "

I've read many articles from pros and teachers as far back as I can remember who advocated "swing thoughts" or "swing keys".

These are not recollections of mechanical lessons or techniques. Trying to keep your mind completely clear during the swing over the course of a round seems like an impossibility. Do you all at least think of your target? To each, his own

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

To each, his own

While the short time I have been on this forum, I have learned thats the right mindset to keep.

Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Yep, we can only offer opinions and such.

It doesn't add to the entertainment value of the forum, but there are plenty of others who do that

If this counts. I have had alot of Post-Swing thoughts.

Some that come to mind right away are...

Why the hell did I do that.

That wasnt supposed to happen.

FORE!

Mulligan.

Honestly, who puts a sandtrap there.

Only thing I actually think of is turning my hands over at impact. Everything else just flows.

Driver: G5 9 Degree w/ Aldila Green Stiff
Irons: i5 Green Dot
Wedge: 588 53 Degree
Balls: NXT Tour

I think there should be a Positive/Negative thoughts option.

I tend to think positive, knowing ill be on the fairway, hit the green, etc. But i also think negatively about if the shot doesnt execute right.. where will I end up?

So although the thought is negative, It still helps greatly in perfecting where I need to hit the ball.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I always try and stay positive.

In my SX76 StaDry
Woods: G15 9.0° BB Stiff, G10 14°
Hybrids: i15 20°, Rapture 24°
Irons: AP2 5-PW
Wedges: SM Vokey 51°, 56°, 60° Putter: Circa '62 No. 2 (Gun Metal Blue) Ball: ProV1

Here's the thing: Jack wasn't an engineer by training or by lifestyle. I am. So he didn't have to worry about the trap I'm in.

If I have a swing thought about anything, it's going to turn into a mechanical thought during the downswing. That's how my mind works. I'd love to change it. I'd love to have positive and helpful thoughts during a swing like that. The fact of the matter is, for me , mine are going to turn into rigidly mechanical thoughts if I think about anything while I'm swinging.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!