IGNORED

My Swing (hunterw297)

hunterw297
Note: This thread is 1315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 15ish years?

My current handicap index or average score is: 2.9, avg 78/79
My typical ball flight is: Dead straight
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: A weak slice or pull hook from coming over the top.

Videos: 

So to be honest... I think my swing is pretty ugly looking. A lot of compensation going on at the release where I almost stand straight up to prevent myself from hitting 2 feet behind the ball but... it works somehow for me. Most of the time at least.

One thing I REALLY want is just to be able to hit the damn ball further. My 7 iron goes about 140-145 carry and my driver is about 240, maybe 250 if I REALLY swing it. I'm definitely looking into getting a SuperSpeed set as soon as I can afford it, but I know I have to be leaking a ton of power somewhere.

This was a bit of a pull iirc

Pretty solid here. I think I gained 10 yards today changing the loft in my driver from 7.5 to 9.5 and REALLY putting it far forward in my stance.

Sorry for the bad camera position in the face on ones.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Couple of things…

• If you're interested in SuperSpeed, see the link on the right side of the site. Highly recommended.
  • Consider, please, trimming videos.
  • Also consider posting videos in high-speed (or "slow-mo").
  • Your lower body could support the turn a bit more:

image.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Couple of things…

• If you're interested in SuperSpeed, see the link on the right side of the site. Highly recommended.
  • Consider, please, trimming videos.
  • Also consider posting videos in high-speed (or "slow-mo").
  • Your lower body could support the turn a bit more:

image.png

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the feedback. I had actually recorded these in high speed with my iPhone, but uploading them to my computer removed the effect. I'll try trimming them in iMovie and seeing if I can keep the high speed effect by importing them through that.

Could you explain what you mean by having my lower body support the turn more?

• Administrator

Turn your lower body more.

Hips, whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, hunterw297 said:

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the feedback. I had actually recorded these in high speed with my iPhone, but uploading them to my computer removed the effect. I'll try trimming them in iMovie and seeing if I can keep the high speed effect by importing them through that.

Could you explain what you mean by having my lower body support the turn more?

If find trimming them and editing the slow motion areas is easy in both Photos and iMovie. You can set just the swing part in slow motion and leave the rest at full speed if you want to show set up and preshot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!