IGNORED

My Swing (StuM)

StuM

Did my 1st range session of the year.  No video at this time but will get that soon.  Overall my impression was:

1.  Need to work on my grip.  I noticed a tendency to fall back to a palmy grip, hence the video above.
  2. My worst ball contact occurred when I 'Hunched Up".  I need to get a video to show what I am referring to but will attempt to describe what I mean.  On my down swing sometimes I lift up both shoulders and kind of scrunch down my head, kind of like when some people indicate "I don't Know".  My wife uses the term "Hunched Up" when she sees it.  Those shots are usually my worst contact.  When I can get myself to NOT do that I tend to get pretty decent contact.  I had @ 6 shots with absolute crap contact and all of those were accompanied with my wife saying "You Hunched Up Again".  The problem is 6 shots sounds minor but that was @ 30% of range session which is not good.  Over 18 holes that could easily translate to 20+ bad shots.
  3. My distance was about what I would have expected.  Not longer nor shorter.  My 8 Iron was landing @ 120ish (Eyeball only, no trackman) and my driver was landing @ 225 then rolling out.  I believe one drive rolled up to the 250 marker and, excluding the mishits, all of my drives passed the 200 yard marker in the air.  I hope to move the distances up over the course of this season.
  4. One good aspect was no slices.
  5. Of the @ 14 "Decent" shots more were straight than left.  I did not actually count but I think 2/3rd of the shots were basically on line.  None of the off-line shots were "Hooks" but more like I "Pulled" the shots left.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm off & Running.  Signed up for Evolvr earlier today and will post shortly.  Below are 2 swings.  The 1st is basically my normal swing.  the 2nd is when "Hunch Up".  That 2nd shot had better contact then usually when I do that.  I really wish I would stop doing that!

I could not get the "Caddy View" because there were metal grates between that would have blocked view.  I'll need to find a different range next time.

I see a lot I do not like in both (Including the hair)  I look forward to hearing the comments but what I see is:

1.  Right arm collapses against my side on the back swing
  2. The club seems to be moving back, toward my butt, and I think it should be more forward when it is pointed to the camara.  But of course I have no skill in analyzing a swing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Got my first Evolver drill a couple days ago, attempting it for first time today.  Hoping I am doing it correctly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

• Administrator

Yes, but don’t even go around you when you just do the up part. Even that part was outside your right shoulder.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Please forgive the sweaty shirt.  Just got off the treadmill and decided to do my Evolvr drill.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stuart M.

57 minutes ago, StuM said:

Please forgive the sweaty shirt.  Just got off the treadmill and decided to do my Evolvr drill.

OPPs, I guess I have been doing the drill incorrectly, just ignore this.  But as they say, mistakes are learning opportunities. Let’s hope I can learn from mine.

Stuart M.