IGNORED

Why is there so much tension regarding the Titleist V1 ball?

JYB
Note: This thread is 5889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

> Is the golf ball we play a reflection of our skill level or how important golf is to us or our egos?

I think the latter. I'm currently playing to a 22 and I'm excited as heck to have picked up a boatload of Hogan "The Hawk" balls for about 18 cents apiece - I know that for my skill level this ball is all I need, and at that price I'm not going to spend much time looking for them if I hit one astray.

ProV1/ProV1x for me? Waste of money.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>

I said that myself years ago. Listen to what this Tour Pro says and you might change your mind.

http://www.golfonline.com/golfonline...089696,00.html

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

golf balls are big business-think about how many are sold ie pro v, what they are sold at, and the profit margins.

well first off boys, it's freaking great to be back!!! during the winter months I drag myself off into the cave and well I've played hockey my entire life so the sticks just stay in the room.

as for ProV1's and other performance balls my stance is pretty simple... the ProV1 and X are amazing balls yes, but realistically I don't think I'm good enough to really say that its the only ball I can play with. I never buy balls from shops, my provs are found, gifts, ebay, friends of friends, friends who knows people at the titty ball plant (I live in MA!) and what not and although I enjoy a prov I can say the same for many of the performance balls from callaway, TM, Nike etc etc

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

>

Are they in good shape when you are buying them? That is sooo cheap. Hook me up!!

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I said that myself years ago. Listen to what this Tour Pro says and you might change your mind.

Tim Herron is a joke as far as that article goes. That is where you got your idea about how "spin makes the ball go straigher".... I really hope that Herron is joking about that stuff... but hey, anyone will say anything for enough money I guess.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Well i would listen to what he says. It is very true that clubhead size doesnt matter..it is the shaft.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Well i would listen to what he says. It is very true that clubhead size doesnt matter..it is the shaft.

That has nothing to do with anything that has been talked about in this thread. And clubhead size does matter, in terms of forgiveness at least. Maybe he was trying to say the size of something else doesn't matter

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Titleist ProV1 Ball

• Administrator
Who said that there is a common ball for the winter. Theres no such thing as a great winter ball. Ive never heard of a seasonal ball.

Look, you haven't heard of a lot of things.

I play a different ball early in the year (and late in the year). Sometimes it's a less expensive ball. It's almost always a softer ball. Why? Because when the ball gets cold it feels harder, and I like to swing at it a little more softly in the cold conditions. So for a lot of good golfers, they have a "winter ball" and a "rest of the time ball."
In that case please use a pro v1with the 392 dimple design as thoroughly opposed to the pro v1x 332 counterpart... It would be pure negligence to choose the pro v1x because the original pro v1 would be more aerodynamic in the dense air At high elevations

Uh, no. That's just b.s. One is not "more aerodynamic" than the other in various densities of air.

Wrong again. Please stop. It matters for forgiveness, MOI, and a lot more.

It's also irrelevant to this thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use one between two balls-the Titleist pro v1 which i admire (Titleist is the best) and the B330. and they are both soft--i never have to change regardless of the conditions because those two balls are about as soft as it gets.

The Tour Professional used to be the gold standard along with Wilson balls belive it or not

I loved Tour Balata before Tour Professionals, and Stratas came out.

My fav ball back in 95 though was the Rexter Promodel by Bridgestone.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

I loved Tour Balata before Tour Professionals, and Stratas came out.

I loved those Strata Tour Ultimates..strata used to make a lot of good balls

I loved those Strata Tour Ultimates..strata used to make a lot of good balls

from 95 - 99 Strata were brilliant didn't O'Meara use them for the season he bagged the open and the mastsers? still all about the promodel though.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

Im not sure but i remember walking into a counrty club when the tour ultimates just came out--they were get this 70 bucks a dozen--

i think titleist has stocked golf forums with people to pump up the phenomenonalness of this ball

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Are they in good shape when you are buying them? That is sooo cheap. Hook me up!!

Brand new! Check eBay - seller name is source4everything.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

The pro-v1 is the ball that comes off the putter blade the best-through research and design-a typical pro-v1 user will be able to decipher the minute differences in softness and compression between its counterparts

your vast knowlege of golf balls teach you this too? I know they are soft off the putter, but who cares if it takes you more strokes to get to the green?

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Pro V1s are not balls for irons and driver distance--they are for accuracy and feel

Pro V1s are not balls for irons and driver distance--they are for accuracy and feel

This is the dumbest post I have ever read....

They arent for drivers or Irons??? Just wedges and putters, huh?

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Note: This thread is 5889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!