IGNORED

Okay, dont make fun...i may have a new Ball...

Note: This thread is 5884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

just bought a box and played with it.
it's not very impressive.
i like their strata better.

just realized strata is discontinued.
what's replacing strata? gamer?

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

My driver swing speed is around 98. What differences will I see if I played the D2 Feel ball?

like i said in my last post. Im close to you on swing speed and it worked great for me. its better than the NXT. read its reviews online. most say its as good or nearly as good as the pro v1.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

like i said in my last post. Im close to you on swing speed and it worked great for me. its better than the NXT. read its reviews online. most say its as good or nearly as good as the pro v1.

It flies well...but in no way is it comparable to the ProV1, D2 does not provide tour juice on the greens anywhere near the ProV1, not even close.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

just bought a box and played with it.

Your HC leads me to ask if you can recognize the benefits a higher performing ball has to offer and if you can utilize those benefits.

Please dont be offended, I know a lot of higher HC players who know how to work a ball and can tell the difference between a good ball and below average ball. But sometimes the higher HC is a result of being a newer player and the quality of ball isn't as much of a factor. Exactly like me when i was around a 30 HC or so. I just dont know anything about you.

In my Bag:

Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

It flies well...but in no way is it comparable to the ProV1, D2 does not provide tour juice on the greens anywhere near the ProV1, not even close.

In your opinion it doesnt....in mine it is as close as it needs to be to allow ecconomics to be the determining factor.

In my Bag:

Hey..we agree again.

But please do yourself a favor and go through the Prov1 X-OUT bin at the local golf usa, golfsmith, etc... $2 a ball, I have a hard time finding the imperfections.

I don't like losing balls like any other red blooded American, practice with them on the short stuff...soon your target window will shrink, and you will start throwing darts, shorter putts = lower hcap.

Not directed at you...but if you are new to the game buy at least 3 great balls for short game work, no one will care if you replace the junk ball when you get within 100 yards...the game will become eaiser for you when you realize how bad the low spin rocks put you in a hole as they roll off the back of the green.

Again..not trying to be like Hillary Clinton...just trying to help.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Your HC leads me to ask if you can recognize the benefits a higher performing ball has to offer and if you can utilize those benefits.

None taken.

Honestly, I couldn't notice any difference when I struck my irons. But the most noticeable difference between these balls would be pitch shots. There's enough difference between how far they roll after landing. (strata shorter than d2 feel shorter than top flight rocks) But again it could be my swing. I had been using balls I found or from friend's shag bags. I never thought about buying balls until recently. I just want to find cheap balls that works well. If they help with my game, why not? But if there no big difference, I'm not gonna waste money.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Hey..we agree again.

no sweat, i get you.

i normally play higher priced balls and have a complete understanding of them and know what works for me. i have said in this very thread that the balls i normally play that are in my sig (hx hot, hx tour 56) are better than d2 feel, but the difference is so minimal due to the fact that my skill level doesnt make balls like the pro v1 practical. i cant get my moneys worth on them. dont get me wrong, i can work one pretty well, like i said, its just not significant enough of a difference to where ecconomics become obsolete and i pay what that company asks for that ball. i think a majority of us would be stupid to shell out $40 for a ball that we wont fully benefit from, when a much cheaper one will work as good or better for us. some will play the pro v1 just to say they play it like the big gamers do. im one of the ones who believe there is such a thing as too much ball for a player. not as in too much performance, but too many benifits that you will pay for but never use until your game improves to a certain point. im a 14 and im not quite there yet.

In my Bag:

Were cool...let's call a gangland truce

I have no problem with the Callaway HX Tours , but if you can buy ProV Xouts at the same price as the HX hots, you need to try the PROv's. I've tried the HX hots, not bad but in my experience not even close around the green, where it counts. Told by a Titleist rep that the x outs have the slightest imperfections in the cover (when they are hit, they have an imperfection in my book...so what do I care?) The Prov "Practice" balls are the first balls in a run...automatically discarded as "practice" balls...$29 a dozen, no imperfections.

I'm out...get to play 36 holes tomorrow..hopefully win enough for another couple dozen Prov1 Xouts.

It's all good..Happy Easter everyone!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

Were cool...let's call a gangland truce

fo sho! Its a TRUCE!

I agree with everything you said and I have heard that from others too. Just never was impressed by the prov's. Good luck tomorrow man! 36? lucky bastard...

In my Bag:

I've heard about this ball from some friends. It looks like one to try. I just don't have the game for the ProV. I usuallly use Nike SFT, NXT or Pinnacle Exception.

In the bag at this point

Adams RPM 9.5°
Adams Tightlies Strong 3 16°
Adams Tightlies Strong 7 24°Hogan CFT Hybrid 3Hogan CFT irons (5-P)Alien SWCameron Futura 2 35"Top Flight Gamer

I've heard about this ball from some friends. It looks like one to try. I just don't have the game for the ProV. I usuallly use Nike SFT, NXT or Pinnacle Exception.

How does the Top Flite Gamer compare?

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Evidently the word is out about this ball..
I went to Wal-Mart tonight and they had the D2 distance and the D2 Straight but the hole where the D2 Feels usually sit was completely empty.

I did a simple Google search for the D2 feel and found several other message boards where people are saying similar things.

They must be a really good ball for the buck.

http://www.golfrewind.com/golf-ball-...ll-review.html

http://www.golfballs.com/PB1507/Top-...Golf-Ball.html

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Note: This thread is 5884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!