IGNORED

What would you do?

Wisco-Kid
Note: This thread is 5900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got two free plane tickets at work. I want to use them for a golf related weekend trip. Either play a couple of rounds somewhere or go and see a PGA tour event that Tiger is playing in. My question is what would you do and where would you go? I am putting a budget ($300) on this so please don't suggest that I fly to Augusta and see the Masters.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I just got two free plane tickets at work. I want to use them for a golf related weekend trip. Either play a couple of rounds somewhere or go and see a PGA tour event that Tiger is playing in. My question is what would you do and where would you go? I am putting a budget ($300) on this so please don't suggest that I fly to Augusta and see the Masters.

Sell said plane tickets, increase your budget and drive to the Masters

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I have been going to the PGA championship for 2 years now to watch Tiger. I only go for the Friday round as the weekend is too busy in his group. You can find a ticket from $50 to well over $100. I normally try and find the "clubhouse" passes though, so the tickets have been $150 for me each year. I bet if you went to a regular event they would be even cheaper

If you were to do a golf trip, maybe some famous course you always watch on TV. I will be going to florida to play bay hill and tpc sawgrass hopefully before summer.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Sell tickets and take your best golfing buddy to the nicest course in your area and do 18 holes like $300 was nothing to you.

Be a player, not a spectator!

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I suggest you see him at Firestone for the Bridgestone...I went there and hung out with all the pros at the Fairfield Inn..Yes it was the experience of a lifetime---Justin Rose was my neighbor there and we talked..it was soo sweet--all of the pros stay at the fairfield in Akron--The course is awesome because you can get really close to the greens at Firestone..Its a bombers course soo and the views are spectacular. If i were you try to go to firestone and remember look for the Buick Courtesy Cars at the fairfield---i got to drive one lol

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I suggest you see him at Firestone for the Bridgestone...I went there and hung out with all the pros at the Fairfield Inn..Yes it was the experience of a lifetime---Justin Rose was my neighbor there and we talked..it was soo sweet--all of the pros stay at the fairfield in Akron--The course is awesome because you can get really close to the greens at Firestone..Its a bombers course soo and the views are spectacular. If i were you try to go to firestone and remember look for the Buick Courtesy Cars at the fairfield---i got to drive one lol

Hmm well that actually sounds like a good idea. I am looking into getting tickets now, and checking to see if me and my buddy have the dates open to go.

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

If it were me, I would fly to Cali and play Pebble Beach, but that would be over a $300 budget with golf and lodging. Second choice would be going to DC for the AT&T; National. Great tourney and a good weekend to be in DC(4th of July weekend).
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Dude, you live in Wisconsin and its March. You had better be on a plane to play some golf ASAP!

I recommend NC personally as the golf is pretty inexpensive for some pretty nice courses. As for watching Tiger at a PGA Tour Event, I think it is highly overrated, IMHO. You might only get to see a few shots as you will be dealing with a mass of humanity that follows him everywhere. For me, unless it's one of the majors or I have media credentials, I would rather stay home and watch Tiger (and the rest) on HDTV. However, if you must see Tiger, The Memorial is a fine event to take in.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dude, you live in Wisconsin and its March. You had better be on a plane to play some golf ASAP!

Well that is good advice, and I appreciate it. I have a couple weeks to think about it. I used to live in Asheville NC and you are right about the golf in that area. I just have this urge to see Tiger Woods hit a golf ball in person for some reason?

In The Bag:

Guys thanks for all the responses and advice. Considering I am getting married in June and with the other things I have going this summer I am going to be too busy to use the tickets. I have given the plane tickets to my parents for my mom's 60th birthday.

In The Bag:

Note: This thread is 5900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!