IGNORED

I hit a Callaway FT-I today

Note: This thread is 5873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Certainly odd to look at, but once you are past that, what a beast.

Far easier to hit than my 905R is - it was a stiff flex 'speeder' shaft and felt like it had more flex than the YS6 stiff in my 905. 9 deg also had a higher trajectory than my 905 with 9.5 loft.

All in, I think the 905 is the wrong club for me!

What's the FT-5 like?

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Did you find the FT-I to be more forgiving than your 905R? I am looking at a new driver this season and am seriously considering the FT-I or FT-5, or maybe even the Titleist 907D2. Any thoughts?

the FT-I was a neutral bias. And seemed very nice to hit - actually felt like I connected with the ball where with the 905 it just bounces off it. After hitting good irons round the course today, and the score let down by erratic driving, a few hits with the Callaway were like a dream.

I find the 905 with the square face and my not so perfect swing leaves a lot of drives going right. Try to fix it, and I get a duck hook as I am over-compensating. Dammit.

905R is highly likely to be sold in the coming months, and the replacement will depend on available funds. Something set up for a draw would be ideal - poss a Callaway or a TM R7

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

When I hit the FT-I it felt as if it was almost a helping driver. Although it didnt go as far as I usually hit, It still went far with little effort put into the swing. And was very easy to hit straight.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The FT-I is certainly more forgiving than the Titleist 905 driver. There are many forgiving drivers made today by Cobra, Cleveland, Callaway, Nickent, even Titleist ( 907D1 ). The FT-I is one of the easiest to hit drivers on the market.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• 4 weeks later...
FT-I very straight and long. I almost hit it as far as my SupperQuad.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Note: This thread is 5873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!