I've been Playing Golf for: 12 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 80s
My typical ball flight is: High Fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull/Hook

Videos: 

Edited by iacas
please embed videos
  • Upvote 1

I won't or can't give any tips, I don't feel qualified, but you have a nice swing!

• Administrator

That's a lot of clubface rotation (and not much body rotation) through the shot. Tends to lead to…

7 hours ago, Swooshgolf said:

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull/Hook

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, iacas said:

That's a lot of clubface rotation (and not much body rotation) through the shot. Tends to lead to…

Thanks. Do you think I would need to shallow my club out more to open up without pulling it ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • They could leave the Masters bubble and focus on total career achievements, but maybe that deviates from the intention. Eventually they may have to choose players who only won once. «First on the tee, Patrick Reed!». Or maybe they’ll be off with the whole thing. There aren’t that many multiple winners these days. Phil, Bubba and Tiger are the only ones with wins this millennia.
    • I’ve had my Leupold GX-2 since 2010. Don’t remember the price, but perhaps around $200-300. Not a big investment if divided per year or round. I’ve spent way more on balls. It’s not a replacement for the course guide, which I always want to carry if they got one. The rangefinder is a distance measuring tool and doesn’t show the layout of a hole. Many courses around here doesn’t have much in ways of markers. Typically 200, 150 and 100 meters. So the on-course aid hasn’t been affected by the tools. I used to have to study the guide, look for one of those three markers and try to walk off and guesstimate distances. Now I can focus on my approach, where to aim and quickly get the distances I need. I play faster and better with it.
    • Yeah, @iacas, here’s another article echoing the last one you posted: CDC Studies 'Breakthrough' COVID Cases Among People Already Vaccinated COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective but don't always provide perfect protection. Some...  
    • Lesson coming up on Thursday 4/15: After 5-6 weeks of really good ball striking (by my standards), full swing has regressed. After my last lesson, I had some backswing and transition weight/pressure shift feels that worked really well. I was hitting almost everything with center-face contact (within tolerance of a mid-handicap player), AoA and launch angles were all in the right window, ball was going where I aimed it, shot shape was reliable, distance improved. Then in my last round suddenly I had no idea where the ball was going to go. I have a little deal with myself, that if I can get my index below 10 and keep it there, I am getting fitted for a new driver, so I am a little miffed at what I experienced last round. I doubt there was a sudden change (maybe there was, who knows), but what I suspect is that there was some slower, less noticeable regression that was going on, that finally transitioned into a significant on course problem. Putting and short game are still good enough (nothing special), so that at least I am not losing any strokes with these elements. I've gone back to basics for now with practicing, and I don't want to over-self-diagnose any issues and use a shotgun approach to problem solving, so happy that I have a lesson this week to figure out what's gone wrong.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. 14ledo81
      14ledo81
      (40 years old)
    2. AussieDan
      AussieDan
      (35 years old)
    3. boggssharp
      boggssharp
      (67 years old)
    4. davisrod29
      davisrod29
      (33 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...