IGNORED

Headed to Jacksonville, FL

Note: This thread is 5838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like I will be in for a trip to the Jacksonville area this summer in August.

Is there any course recommendations to play? What is weather like in August?

I figure it will be HOT!!

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Looks like I will be in for a trip to the Jacksonville area this summer in August.

i heard there's a decent track a little south of Jacksonville in Ponte Vedra...i think it's called Axgrass or Sawlawn...wait, sawgrass, that's it.

you should be able to get on pretty cheap (relatively speaking of course) in the summer months. another half-hour down 95 takes you to the world golf village, and going back north on 95 from jacksonville offers up Amelia Island. obviously these are some pretty nice tracks and I don't know your budget, but if you're looking to do it up nice you're in the right place...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Flickr pics from hacking it up at Pebble, Bandon, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits, the Black, Kiawah & more...

• 2 weeks later...
Well after being away for a few days, Thanks for the replies.

My budget is moderate, so nothing too expensive and nothing too cheap.

I guess middle of the road.

Man I hate humidity, that is why I moved to Colorado.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

• 4 weeks later...
I am flying out tomorrow and will be there til Friday. Playing Monday the 5th & Tuesday the 6th before goiong to practice round Wednesday at TPC & then 1st round Thursday. Any good suggestions of places to play would be great. Bringing my son who hits it long but sprays it. Does not have to be to ritzy

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

King and the Bear and Slammer and Squire in St Augastine are outstanding.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

St. Johns Country Club is another good one, Windsor Park, Panther Creek is another and its LONG.

I really appreciate the suggestions. It looks like now we will be heading that way
the first or second week of September. We are waiting on the birth of a
grand child.

Note: This thread is 5838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!