IGNORED

some advice would be helpful

Borf
Note: This thread is 5899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello, I would like to try to get onto some sort of golf tour, I just have no clue how to go about this or where to start.

Obviously I would not be going for the PGA or nationwide, but some sort of mini tour definatly seems like its within my limits. I need an agent or something to do all the lag work for me, so i can just play!

I would br greatful for some advice

it all depend on where you live....if i were good, i'd move somewhere were there isn't still 6 inches of snow on the ground

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

call up mark steinberg, tigers agent. he might be able to help you cooridinate some mini tour events!!

just kidding. I know that a kid that i used to play high school golf is playing in something like a gateway tour in florida. if your good enough, youll figure it out...its not that hard.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

You don't need an agent....Theres a lot of mini tours in the south...you should try out for the Tar Heel tour in North Carolina...the one Tommy Two Gloves Gainey made legendary...

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Okay, where are you, geographically? How much time and money are you willing to invest on being in a mini-tour? Are you looking for a professional tour or amateur tour?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are many tours ive heard of. If your in Canada I know of some tours that are pretty interesting. Even try looking over the internet to find some around your area. There are a ton out there.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I just need an opportunity!! I would be totally dedicated to this if given the chance

I would be too. You just have a better shot than I do at the moment.

Now, where are you so we know what to suggest? Suggesting the Hooters Tour for an Arizona-based player would be bad when there's a Grey Goose Tour in Arizona already. Where are you and how much travel are you willing to do?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I live on the east coast of canada, I would be willing to travel as far as it takes. Im just not sure where I would live, how I would get around,where I would eat, Im not exactly rich at the moment. I just need someone to work out all the details for me

i'm in southern california and used to play the golden state tour.

its tough out there guys. since its usually a 1 or 2 day tournament, you have to come out shooting 3-4 under to have a chance.

I only did this for a few months before i quickly ran out of money. :(

i'm in southern california and used to play the golden state tour.

Approx how much money did you start out with to get going?

and did you win any money?

Approx how much money did you start out with to get going?

I had very little. My parents funded me. Each tournament cost about $150-$200 to enter. I was playing amateur so we only played for script.

I looked at the scorecards of guys playing pro and the winner would always shoot 66-67. it was nuts.

I had very little. My parents funded me. Each tournament cost about $150-$200 to enter. I was playing amateur so we only played for script.

What kind of yardages and green speeds were you playing?

What kind of yardages and green speeds were you playing?

I cant comment on green speeds, but par 4's averaged about 400 yards and par 3's about 180. For these tournaments, they normall moved all tees pretty far back. :(

Seems pretty reasonable, I would be up for the challenge!
I think this season I will start to challenge shooting in the 60's

Problem as said, Borf, the people who win these tours/events are in the mid 60's and your sporting a -3 Hcp. May be tough to win or even make the cuts. So much great golf everywhere

yup, if you want to be competitive, you have to shoot super low numbers right out of the gate, consistently.

Note: This thread is 5899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!