IGNORED

Infamous 'Swing Thoughts' Golfer

I remember reading an article (possibly in the 90’s) about a very very talented golfer that could basically make the ball do anything he wanted. It seems he never really made it because he had WAY TOO MANY thoughts in his head before each swing to achieve his perfect swing. Does anyone know the guy’s name?

Thanks!

• Administrator

You might be thinking of Mac O'Grady, but the truth is… he wasn't nearly as talent as you said, or else he would've won a bunch on the PGA Tour.

The average PGA Tour player has 2-4 swing thoughts any given week when they're playing. I think the average in a recent Golf Digest or Golf Magazine poll was like 3.2 or something.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, iacas said:

You might be thinking of Mac O'Grady, but the truth is… he wasn't nearly as talent as you said, or else he would've won a bunch on the PGA Tour.

The average PGA Tour player has 2-4 swing thoughts any given week when they're playing. I think the average in a recent Golf Digest or Golf Magazine poll was like 3.2 or something.

so are you saying the 7/4/7 CPG is teaching me is not good? I feel like it will really help me*

*develop a Charles Barkley swing...CPG makes me laugh every time and I kinda want to play a round at Three Jack National when it opens

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Hey, he's entitled to his opinion.  I've never objected to anyone saying they vote for Jack.  I only object when they start trying to justify their opinion with the kind of non-factual nonsense that is contained in the thousands of messages in this thread.  Or this latest nonsense of DiMarco somehow "gifting" the Masters to Tiger.  It's like saying Rocco 'gifted' the 2008 US Open to Tiger by driving it into a bunker on the 91st hole. But I respect his right to his opinion, even though I think it is unsupported by the facts.  Not everyone has dived into the topic as deeply as we have in this thread, and it is indisputable that the 18>15 criterion is still being peddled whole-heartedly by much of the golf media.  So there are a lot of people whoo still reflect that.
    • Now you’re just being smarmy and patronizing. I’m sad for you and your poor decision making. And sad for the people you may infect because you couldn’t do your duty as a citizen. You’ve never had any of the diseases you were already vaccinated for but chose to not participate in this one. The state of Wyoming has died and you couldn’t give a sh*t.
    • I’m glad that you’re comfortable with the decision you made.  
    • Well statistically that’s silly. But nostalgically …to each his own.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. CathyKnarr
      CathyKnarr
      (28 years old)
    2. Club Greg
      Club Greg
      (58 years old)
    3. Cnich
      Cnich
      (31 years old)
    4. Douglas Reedy
      Douglas Reedy
      (40 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...