IGNORED

My Swing (k4y)

k4y
Note: This thread is 1080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I worked on coming in more "in to out" and worked on stopping my right shoulder firing away right at the start of the downswing - I finally fixed my coming-over-the-top issue. However by NOT coming over, I noticed that I'm now coming in way under the plane and I'm constantly hitting turf then ball. I was able to hit the ball somewhat when I came over the top because my clubhead at least was on plane by doing so. Now it's way under.

What I don't understand is that if I'm keeping my shoulders and hands back from firing across while also shallowing the club, won't the clubhead always come in under the plane? The only way this wouldn't happen is if I steepen the shaft on the way down so the clubhead isn't stuck, but I heard that's a no-no... so I'm not sure how to proceed.

image.png.9fc6ea0ff0392523a3738fc734de62fe.png

(downswing at shaft parallel - orange line is the shaft lane)

I'm not an expert but the swing in the video seemed like you did not bring the upper body around quickly enough. Is it possible your focus on not firing the shoulder right away is causing too much lag there? Swing is about tempo so too slow can be an error just like too fast.

• billchao changed the title to My Swing (K4y)
7 hours ago, k4y said:

I worked on coming in more "in to out" and worked on stopping my right shoulder firing away right at the start of the downswing - I finally fixed my coming-over-the-top issue. However by NOT coming over, I noticed that I'm now coming in way under the plane and I'm constantly hitting turf then ball. I was able to hit the ball somewhat when I came over the top because my clubhead at least was on plane by doing so. Now it's way under.

What I don't understand is that if I'm keeping my shoulders and hands back from firing across while also shallowing the club, won't the clubhead always come in under the plane? The only way this wouldn't happen is if I steepen the shaft on the way down so the clubhead isn't stuck, but I heard that's a no-no... so I'm not sure how to proceed.

image.png.9fc6ea0ff0392523a3738fc734de62fe.png

(downswing at shaft parallel - orange line is the shaft lane)

Thanks for posting. A couple of administrative things to start, first, film in slow motion if you can. Have the camera at hand height and aligned with your toe line. This video seems a little high because I think someone is holding the phone. Second, give us a face on if you can in slow motion hand high.

Check out this thread below, especially the first five days. These are key steps to getting your swing in the proper sequence. I too had issues with coming in too in to out. For me, it was early extension or thrusting my right hip forward too soon. My body was standing up too soon. We can help analyze your swing easier if you do slow motion to see if this is an issue.

Doing the drills below and getting them down will help. Day 5 is a great drill for this.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (k4y)
Note: This thread is 1080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!