IGNORED

Tour Players, Some Sort of Advantage?

Dent
Note: This thread is 5892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One day ill try this and see How much better I shoot, fatigued is definatly involved in your scores, and knowing accurate yardage and pin position helps also.

More likely than not I'm getting a SkyCaddie for my birthday (~2 months). I'll have to see if I actually do shoot better (I probably would).

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I thought about it but after checking out the supported lists on their site I didnt see enough of the courses I actually play

I'm planning on picking up a high end range finder

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

While I was watching the tournament this weekend I had a good thought.

This is a really smart point and you make points that a lot of people overlook.

In addition to these things, it's that they've worked so hard on their contact. Pros hit some bad shots, but few are "mis-hits"

I also forgot one other point.

Many amazing PGA players have even more AMAZING golf teachers. If we could afford these golf teachers and take lessons 3-4 Times a week with them. We could take off another 10-15 strokes.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I've heard it said that the difference between a scratch club pro and a 15 handicapper is about the same as between tour pro and a scratch club pro. No pro I ever mentioned that to has disagreed with that notion.

I hear people quip all the time "well if I could practice every day..." or "but they do it full time for a living, so of course they are good" or some other BS because they don't have enough appreciation for what the pros do. 99% of the golfers in the world could play/practice every day for a year and not be able shoot 80 under tour conditions. This is like some reasonably gifted guys playing basket ball on the weekends declaring they could play like NBA pros if they only had the time to practice every day!

disadvantages:

travel to a different city, state or country, play a practice round, then a pro-am, then two or four tournament rounds, then fly to another place, sleep in a strange bed, play again with different course conditions. Play with hundreds or maybe thousands of people standing around coughing, talking, taking pictures, answering phones, eating hot dogs. Most of us get rattled if the foursome behind is watching us tee off. Imagine looking out at a narrow fairway with 3,000 people around the tee box.

Tour pros are people who have handicaps like +5 or +10 playing some of the toughest courses in the world. Tiger's handicap at Isleworth is now +13.5! They play from the tips! Does anyone ever notice that some of these courses have five tee boxes. See how far back the black tees are? Many of us couldn't reach the fairway on some holes.

I will concede one advantage they have... cameras and large galleries keep them from losing balls. They hit a lot of stray shots that would be lost in the rough were not so many eyes on the ball.

SubPar

Subpar's post is right on the money. I remember when my AAU coach brought in Dave Valle to work with us. (He played 13 MLB seasons) I was one of two catchers on the team and was rather naive about the intricacies of catching. After doing one hour of drills and working on real fundamentals, I realized one thing. I was a looooooooooooooooooooooong way from being a major league catcher. Like my coach told me "I love you but I wanted you to realize that you're just a pimple on a pro catcher's ass."

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

without a doubt they are amazing at what they do but I have to agree with everything mentioned previously

I agree that the pro golfers have a definate advantage with their equipment and instruction. Aside from perhaps with Callaway we can't get access to the tools the tour players have to fit them correctly. Titliest, Taylormade, and the other companies restrict access to only their tour pros and "VIPs" with connections. We aren't allowed into their preformace labs to have multiple cameras (6+) and sensors monitor our putter path, centerness of contact, face angle, and ammont of skid or skipping as the ball undergoes its way to the target.

I believe those and the points mentioned by Dent are vaild reasons the pros are able to score more consistantly from round to round then non-tour pros and the rest of us.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Avid

I don't know where you live but if you're in California, you can get all of this done at Max Out Golf Labs. You can also call them and find out where, in your area, there is an affiliate.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Avid

haha yeah... I don't work, have unlimited time and have a readily amount of disposable income on hand

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

haha yeah... I don't work, have unlimited time and have a readily amount of disposable income on hand

Some of us are fortunate enough to have weekends off. This process, depending on what you want adjusted, lasts anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 1/2 hours. The process begins at $75 and is capped at $250.

I much rather spend 3 1/2 hours and $250 to get a complete bag of clubs, balls and grips specified to my game than 5 hours running around a course with a $400 driver...off the shelf. That's just me, though.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

More likely than not I'm getting a SkyCaddie for my birthday (~2 months). I'll have to see if I actually do shoot better (I probably would).

A guy in our scramble had one last week, we shot 14 under and got second. I'm sold on it, it helped me out to the tune of about 4 excellent shots, by knowing the exact yardage that were right in the wheelhouse for certain clubs.

Going to pick one up on ebay.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

A guy in our scramble had one last week, we shot 14 under and got second. I'm sold on it, it helped me out to the tune of about 4 excellent shots, by knowing the exact yardage that were right in the wheelhouse for certain clubs.

Thats exactly what im talking about. By making those 4 excellent shots, Three putt if he was playing an actual round could have saved 4 strokes just by having a simple tool to his advantage.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 5892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!