IGNORED

Smaller Hands Grip Size

2 hours ago, iacas said:

You should update your Member Swing topic with some good slow-mo including a face-on. I looked quickly but mostly saw DTL views.

Will do! but will have to go to a different range for that because of the way the bays are setup at my usual spot ha

So fun stuff, was tinkering with the revised lead and trail grip when I got home and so far it DEFINITELY feels more solid in motion which was counterintuitive at first since my previous grip felt more solid at address but 'loose' during the swing; we'll see what the range holds for me

what I did notice is that when I take the grip with the club off the ground and then set it down, it becomes more hooded at address so I'll have to be careful about that when setting up

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, sinik said:

what I did notice is that when I take the grip with the club off the ground and then set it down, it becomes more hooded at address so I'll have to be careful about that when setting up

Because you’re used to letting your left hand get into that weak position.

2 to 2.5 knuckles at address (without moving your head to the left to look at them).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

Everybody is different. I have small hands and short fingers. I use a ML Cadet glove. For years I used an interlocking grip but never really liked it. Overlap grip too uncomfortable for me. Recently I started using a ten finger grip and its working well. I feel much more control.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Day 34 (30 Jul 21) - Played 18 today.  Worked on clubbing up on the approaches with a 3/4 swing.  It has helped with getting the ball onto / near the green.  Had some great shots into the greens and even when not on the green, being confident to bump and run with an 8i or pitch with the 54wedge.    
    • Back to the "regular" course today - rough greens and all.  Shot 94 (45 /49).   Played the back nine first with the first three holes (all par 4's) being double bogies.   I knew this was going to be an interesting day for sure.  Good thing - no triples today.  Too many doubles though with a total of six and only one par.  These greens are tough to play as they are either real sparse on good grass or the grass is like putting on cut pile (you have to really stroke through the ball to get the roll).  It calls for one to pin hunt to keep the putter distances as short as possible.  
    • Agreed. This is hard to watch and really boring. Commercials every 2 minutes (thanks, DVR and ff!) Perhaps the last day will be worth watching, with the gold on the line. I would not be surprised if some guy you never heard of takes a medal.  
    • I think it’s even worse than what you describe.   I live in an area where people are cheering that there will be no mask mandates and they like to rub it in peoples faces.   They are literally trying to own people who are taking it seriously.   I mean, people are just disgusting.  I can’t even muster anything in me to feel remotely sorry for people like that, nor have anything to do with them.   I’m sure there were lots of people in generations past who took the easy way out and did the wrong things in prior pandemics and war times, but that’s not terribly easy to find in history books.  Books will be written about how people not only killed themselves, but in their twisted belief that they are “protecting their freedoms” they are stripping them away from others.      I have 2 kids under the age of twelve.   With Delta allowed to become dominant because “people want to live their best life” (at others expense), they now are scared to go back to school (and the idiot system won’t do remote learning this year), won’t be able to travel and see their grandparents* , and can do less than 3 months ago.   Nice job folks.   * their grandparents are total a-holes though, so I won’t shed a tear.
    • Here I am, yesterday, doing the day 11 drill.  This represents my status after about ten minutes or so of doing the drill.  I really like it, and I can see how it will help me get better, and I plan to do this one more regularly.  However, I'm not sure I'm doing it right (similar with the snapping sticks drill, where I was stopping wrong).  There's even a really bad putt in this video that I was tempted to edit out, but decided to leave in (since my bad shots are instructive to how I'm doing it wrong, I think). As for other drills, I'm not sure how many I should be posting videos.  Part of me feels like I'm semi-spamming this thread (and I really should have done these 15-16 months ago). And in looking at my last few videos, including two I sent to Evolvr a week ago, it looks like my tripod gets tilted, I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong there.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. amgolfer
      amgolfer
      (37 years old)
    2. At least 7 handi-andy
      At least 7 handi-andy
      (30 years old)
    3. MSDOGS1976
      MSDOGS1976
      (67 years old)
    4. Rob Lane
      Rob Lane
      (62 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...