IGNORED

What do courses do with lost clubs?

Andrew
Note: This thread is 5514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always wondered this.

You see the piles of sticks in the cart barn or the pro shop...
I understand most people realize that they lost their club so they head over and pick it up.

But one of my friends left his wedge on the 9th green (we play 9 holes on weekdays) during a school match. He didn't realize his error until the next day at school.
The next day he asked our coach if he picked up a wedge, and our coach said the assistant coach did indeed pick it up.
The assistant coach left it in the pro shop with the attendant.

So after practice i went with my friend to pick up his wedge.

The pro shop attendant told us, he didnt have the wedge we were looking for and suggested the cart barn.We went there and still no luck.
A week has passed and still no wedge.

What do you think could have happened?

do you think someone came along and pretended like it was theirs or did the course sell it?
help me out

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

I can definatlly assure the course would'nt sell it. If it was a nice wedge someone could have easily pretended it was theirs.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

it was a nice wedge.

he had a 58* callaway vintage forged

\
and what do courses do after a certain period of time?

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

If your coach says he left it in the pro-shop, have him call the pro and it may magically appear. Some cart rat may have recognized it as a preferred club and absconded with it...or someone could have made an honest mistake.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Our munis around here put them in a bin well behind the counter and out of site, then when you are looking for the lost club in question, you tell the guy at the counter what type of club it was, and you can go look in the bin with him. This way, nobody grabs a club that isn't theirs, it might be tough to guess that a vokey spin milled x degree club is in that bin at that time, if you are being dishonest.

At the end of the year, what is left is donated to the youth program.

WIN WIN situation.

Driver: Titleist 905T 11.5*

Hybrids: Cleveland HALO Hybrids 19*, 22*

Irons Snake Eyes Python O/S irons (I carry 5,7,9,A irons)

Wedges: Adams Tom Watson SW 56* (sometimes carry Adams Tom Watson LW 60*)

Putter: Odyssey Dual Force 2 Rossie or Tommy Armour EFT Series Model 6

When my wife lost her wedge... we called the course that day, they asked her to describe the club... she did... graphite shaft, pink grips, SW, etc. and when we went to pick it up they got it from the back room in the pro shop. It had a sticker on it with the date. This makes me think that the course is pretty careful about making sure people actually tell the truth.

I'm sure each course is different, some may just throw them in a bin for all to rifle through...
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

well they def. dont sell them...

its more like they keep them, esp a course that either a muni or average pub course

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

update.
(btw mty friend didnt want to make an account so i told him i'd ask this community!)

ok,So he asked the coach and the coach walked into the pro shop and told us that they didnt have it, and that he didnt know what to do.

In my opinion this is unnacceptable. I know it is my friends fault for losing it in the first place, but since the coach said that he turned it in he should have taken responsibility and taken care of it.

My friend doesnt know what to do but buy a new wedge.

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Three and Five Woods

Me and my friends werent thinking last sunday and didnt get a tee time so we were forced to play a city course and dont get me wrong everybody should be able to play golf and learn and have fun and what not and thats what these city courses are great for... But lots of these fools think golf is where you go out and drink beers and smoke cigarettes and then do something with a white ball and a club... you know when you have the time... Drives me up the wall...

Any ways... sorry about the rant....

So we were playing and the group in front of us... some how was a 5some... left a wedge or a putter or a driver at pretty much every other hole... All i could do is laugh though... i knew what we were getting into when we decided to play there.

So he asked the coach and the coach walked into the pro shop and told us that they didnt have it, and that he didnt know what to do.

Your friend is outta luck, I hope he has some extra cash for a new wedge. It is not the golf course employees fault that he lost it and now it's gone. Maybe ask the pro to check a couple of the backshop employee bags (if they are even golfers) and see if they took it. Other than that there is nothing you can do and nothing that the golf course/club will do for you... I mean your friend.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

We have the tried and true old standby called the lost and found. Most of the clubs in it are the kind that need to stay lost, meaning the good clubs that are found usually stay lost... make sense?

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

My course keeps them in a couple of places. I have a bin in the starter shack where the ordinary clubs go. Once that is full it is emptied and they are moved into a large box in the cart garage. When that one gets too full, the older clubs (ones that have been there for more than a month) are donated to various junior golf programs in the area.

When good brand name clubs are turned in, they go in a bag in the head pro's office so that they don't just "walk" off. Most of those ones are eventually claimed.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...
Best the search feature could do.

I played with 3 strangers yesterday and mistankly picked up one of their pitching wedges, not my own.

Went to the pro shop to see if they had returned mine. They took the club i had, put my name and info on it and said to check back next week if they dont call.

Anyway i just ordered custom labels for my clubs from golfsmith. I should have done this last season when i bought them. Meh.

for the most part, I've seen clubs returned to the pro shop. i'll usually call or bring a club back to the shop with me wherever i play if i find a club....
but i've known tons of pro shop employees that have found stuff...then brought it to golf smith for store credit... i've seen it happen tons of times with friends' clubs ending up on the used rack at golf smith when they've lost it... terrible right?
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I don't think the story makes sense. The asisstant coach found it and left it in the proshop. Why didn't he bring it to school? I guess he didn't know it was a student's? Fine.

He gave the wedge to the attendent. He should be be able to identify who he gave it to. Or maybe he kept it.

Then talk to attendent. He will confirm or deny getting the wedge. If he denies it, then either he or your assistant coach is lying. If he confirms it, let him tell you what he did with it, and track it down from there.

Maybe he put it in a corner and the other employees don't have any clue about it.

Either someones lying or they gave it to the wrong person.

Another hint would be to just keep an eye on craigslist/ebay for the wedge for a little while.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Note: This thread is 5514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!