IGNORED

Best Game Improvement Golf Books

HankBlue
Note: This thread is 901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 11/9/2021 at 4:54 PM, max power said:

Some modern equipment is a little bit easier to hit than the old stuff but thinking that better/newer equipment will make you a better golfer truly is a fallacy.

I went from 20 yr old Mizzys to T300's. Dropped 4 strokes in a couple of  months. They didn't "make me a better golfer", they just didn't slap me every time I made a poor swing.

Edited by Esox

On 10/8/2021 at 1:07 PM, Bucks said:

The only golf book that has consistently been on my bedside table is Harvey Penicks Little Red Book. 

I think Penick's Little Red Book is a good read, but it's a little silly at times--like when he talks about sending a bunch of scythes (or weed cutters) to a team of golfers to help them with their swing. I know he was a great teacher because of the students he produced, but his book sometimes seems a little fanciful.

45 minutes ago, Longjourney said:

I think Penick's Little Red Book is a good read, but it's a little silly at times--like when he talks about sending a bunch of scythes (or weed cutters) to a team of golfers to help them with their swing. I know he was a great teacher because of the students he produced, but his book sometimes seems a little fanciful.

You should read/watch some of Shawn Clement’s material if you find that silly.🤣

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Longjourney said:

I know he was a great teacher because of the students he produced

I don't think the quality of a teacher is that closely tied to the quality of the golfers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, Longjourney said:

I know he was a great teacher because of the students he produced, but his book sometimes seems a little fanciful.

Or, because he was a good/great teacher, he attracted the better golfers?  maybe a bit of both? 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 11/11/2021 at 5:39 PM, Esox said:

I went from 20 yr old Mizzys to T300's. Dropped 4 strokes in a couple of  months. They didn't "make me a better golfer", they just didn't slap me every time I made a poor swing.

Sounds like we agree.

Note: This thread is 901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!