IGNORED

What was the best Masters ever?

Mennon
Note: This thread is 5868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I watched the 1986 final round. It was magnificent. I think Tiger's first victory in 1997 was about as exciting to me as the '86 Nicklaus triumph.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

there were birdie and eagle cheers the entire last two or three hours of the broadcast. It was definitely something special.

Maybe that is why I like the Masters so much, you'll be watching player X putting on a hole and you can hear the roars like 3 holes away, immediately you wonder what happened and can almost tell by the level if it was someone making a run on the leaders. Then the coverage will cut to it and 99% of the time the roars just set the stage for the great shot that you're about to witness. I LOVE THAT!

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

That was antoher thing about 2004! There were two holes in one at 16, weren't there? Ten minutes apart, or something lilke that. It was just madness. Didn't have an impact on the result, but it just added to the feeling that the whole thing was out of control. AWESOME.

"That's Golf!"

That was antoher thing about 2004! There were two holes in one at 16, weren't there? Ten minutes apart, or something lilke that. It was just madness. Didn't have an impact on the result, but it just added to the feeling that the whole thing was out of control. AWESOME.

One was by Harrington, as I recall (but he may have been the day before). Was the other one by Cink?

As you say, great fun but didn't have a bearing on the result.

I'm a stickler for stats. Nicklaus shot a 30 on the back with a bogey.

I'm mentally defective.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Ben Crenshaw winning in 95', one week after his mentor and friend's (Harvey Penick) death.

Big fan of Harvey Penick..."Life consisits of a lot of minor annoyances..and few matters of real consequence."

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

After two of the most boring Masters in my life the last two years, I was wondering what we could say at the Masters funeral if it dies next week. Remember what it used to be like? Just a birdiefest, with the best players in the world going crazy. Norman, Seve, Faldo, Calc? No rough, screaming crowds, balls going in from averywhere like it was destiny or magic.

I definitely feel where you are coming from, we are almost spoiled because we get such great stories every couple years, you can look at the list:

http://www.majorschampionships.com/m...ory/index.html and find some kind of story in most of them. Wether it was an epic battle, a roaring comeback, a break through victory, an improbable win, or just a plain dominating performance. It usually is a treat. I would have to say Tiger's win in 1997 was the best for me personally, I was working at a CC at the time and played casually with buddies every couple weeks. This seemed to be the time I started enjoying golf, and golf therafter seemed to be a lot different than the golf I remembered playing and watching with my father. The clubs, the tournament coverage, everything was changing and I guess I started changing my attitude about the way I felt about golf.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

86 was easily the most memorable and best in my eyes. I thought that 98 with O'Meara and Duval was pretty good too. And 96 with Norman's collapse too.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

86 was easily the most memorable and best in my eyes. I thought that 98 with O'Meara and Duval was pretty good too. And 96 with Norman's collapse too.

Remember in '98 Nicklaus at age 58 finished tied for sixth I believe. Almost made another memorable late charge. On one hip no-less. Final round 68 to finish higher than defending champ Tiger by a stroke or two. Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention O'Meara's hole 18 heroics.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!