IGNORED

Mizuno Mx23's Graphite or Steel?

SupaPro7
Note: This thread is 878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

I'm currently playing Mizuno mp33 blades and absolutely love them when I hit them well. But, I feel like I could do with a bit of help from time to time, and decided to try out a used set of the Mizuno mx23's today. I loved these too but in a slightly different way.

Anyway, I almost took them with me but measured them against my standard length mp33's, and they were all pretty much 1/4inch or more longer. The Pro in the shop said it was because they were graphite shaft (the Exsar Blue) - He said that's the norm.

Bearing in mind I have never played anything but mp33's standard length steel shaft - what difference am I going to find in the slightly longer graphite shaft?

Or should I just wait and try out the standard length with steel reg flex shaft?

Thanks

Welcome to The Sand Trap. Those heads are considerably different. Graphite shafts are much lighter too. I would think the clubs would feel very different. What shaft are you playing in the MP33?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Welcome to The Sand Trap. Those heads are considerably different. Graphite shafts are much lighter too. I would think the clubs would feel very different. What shaft are you playing in the MP33?

Steel reg flex, standard length 

18 minutes ago, SupaPro7 said:

Steel reg flex, standard length 

Dynamic Gold R300 weight 127g and would feel much different than even the heaviest graphite shaft. Not sure if that’s what you have. The MX23 head is a high launch head and may launch much higher with the graphite shaft. The MP33 are a traditional Mizuno blade with a lower launch. The DG R300 would launch lower too. So what I’m saying is you are comparing two very different clubs. MX23 with regular flex DG R300 would be a bit closer to your current clubs.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just now, boogielicious said:

Dynamic Gold R300 weight 127g and would feel much different than even the heaviest graphite shaft. Not sure if that’s what you have. The MX23 head is a high launch head and may launch much higher with the graphite shaft. The MP33 are a traditional Mizuno blade with a lower launch. The DG R300 would launch lower too. So what I’m saying is you are comparing two very different clubs. MX23 with regular flex DG R300 would be a bit closer to your current clubs.

Yes, sorry for lack of detail my current set of mp-33 have R300

When I hit the mx23 today, I felt the weight of the head more than my mp33 though, I think I got a higher swing speed and contact was good. But that's just a feeling and a hunch, as I didn't have any 'flightscope' type tech running.

I love the mp-33 when I play well and contact is good, but 15-20% of the time I struggle to make clean contact and consequently lose some confidence and struggle.

That is why I was exploring mx23's. I probably would have stuck with steel , but that ws all they had today. I might just buy them, play them, and keep the mp33 , just in case.

3 minutes ago, SupaPro7 said:

Yes, sorry for lack of detail my current set of mp-33 have R300

When I hit the mx23 today, I felt the weight of the head more than my mp33 though, I think I got a higher swing speed and contact was good. But that's just a feeling and a hunch, as I didn't have any 'flightscope' type tech running.

I love the mp-33 when I play well and contact is good, but 15-20% of the time I struggle to make clean contact and consequently lose some confidence and struggle.

That is why I was exploring mx23's. I probably would have stuck with steel , but that ws all they had today. I might just buy them, play them, and keep the mp33 , just in case.

Do you ever work on center face contact using a sharpie? I do that when I feel miss hits. I find I’m off center, usually toward the hosel. I make a few adjustments and I get back to center. You may be just 1/2” off center with the MP33 and it feels bad in your hands. I practice with an MP68 6 iron for that reason. I can feel it being off.

Scott

My Swing Thread

11 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Do you ever work on center face contact using a sharpie? I do that when I feel miss hits. I find I’m off center, usually toward the hosel. I make a few adjustments and I get back to center. You may be just 1/2” off center with the MP33 and it feels bad in your hands. I practice with an MP68 6 iron for that reason. I can feel it being off.

No, but I have seen that tip and will give it a go.

Thanks for info

Note: This thread is 878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!