IGNORED

Iron Specifications

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone know where i can find the specifications (lofts) for old irons? I have a set of Top Flite tour irons that i got in 96 and am upgrading to the CG Golds and would like to compare lofts of the two... Thanks

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I would go to

www.golfsmith.com/cm and post it in the clubmaker's forum. The Golfsmith Technical Dept. reads those posts regularly and they are excellent with these types of questions. Plus, if they don't know, there's a pretty decent chance someone else on there will. Actually, I just went there and did a search and found this :
Re: Top Flite Iron Specs Posted by Rod Marshall on 2000-20-02 14:33 The specs for the T/F tour irons are as follows. lie angles 1=58 2=58.5 3=59 4=59.5 5=60 6=60.5 7=61 8=61.5 9=62 P=63 S=63 Mid=63 lob=63 loft 1=16 2=18 3=20 4=23 5=26 6=29 7=34 8=37 9=41 P=45 S=55 Mid=50 Lob=60 The lengths for the T/F tour Model is 37.5" 5 iron.

here is the url for the thread :

http://www.golfsmith.com/cm/forum/vi...top+flite+tour I hope this helps!
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I would go to

Thanks , that is exactly what i wanted, lofts are very similar.. its interesting to note that the CG Golds are 1° more upright on the long irons and up to 2° more on the short irons... Im going to get fitted for them this week, cant wait... Thanks again...

Thanks , that is exactly what i wanted, lofts are very similar.. its interesting to note that the CG Golds are 1° more upright on the long irons and up to 2° more on the short irons... Im going to get fitted for them this week, cant wait... Thanks again...

no problem at all.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

• 5 years later...

Check ironfinder.com

I recall the lofts on the Top-Flite Tour 303 irons of 1996 as:

2  19

3  22

4  25

5  28

6  32

7  36

8  40

9  44

pw 48

This is 1* weaker than standard.

• 2 months later...

I had 1997 Top Flite Tour Mid-Size and I think they were a bit more lofted.  I'm pretty sure the PW was 47 or 48 vs 45 which more standard for a current PW.

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

My PW on my 1999 wilsons is 49 degrees... Just that them to a shop... They will tell you.. Just bring the wedge and the 3... You can figure the rest as they were 4 degree different..

The old tour clubs played these lofts.. Dont understand the loft game to pretend you hit farther...LOL..

Take the CI 11 wilsons. The GW is 48 so that will play like my PW now...

So will someone say WOW you hit a gGW that fair??? And I say now its really a PW....And if I get the 3 iron it would really be a 2 iron from back in the day...

After the GW in most sets the SW is so far away to fill the void... Best buying a Volkey or callaway forged to fill that... Should only be for sand and flops anyway...

Just my opinion though....

Take pics of these clubs... The old clubs from that era were actually pretty good and better then the huge cavitys they have today...

Here is my old wilsons that play very well in forgivness but play like a blade... I gave my callaways away and went back to these.. Looking at the ci 11's but cant get past the blackness...

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!