IGNORED

r7 425 driver

Note: This thread is 5885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I finally thinking about replacing my old Taylormade r580 (the only driver I have ever owned) and came across the r7 425. Does anyone here have any playing experience with this club? Better yet if you have experience with switching from the r5 to the r7.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The r7 425 is a very good club...The Reax shaft compliments the moveable weight head very well..I think the shaft is as good as any aftermarket..The 47 425 is one of the straightest clubs ive ever hit..What i like most is the moveable weights and the fact that the club is top notch quality..Best of Luck

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Convient SN, lol.. How do you like the smaller head? Ive never had to deal with movebale weights in a driver, Im worried that i will screw it up.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Personally I loved the 460 cc Superquad compared to the r7 425...i dont think you can screw the weights up...they are definately there to help your game out ...

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Excellent. Ill demo both tomorrow, but I think that superquad (black one I think) is a little more expensive than im willing to pay for a driver. Thanks for the info.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Excellent. Ill demo both tomorrow, but I think that superquad (black one I think) is a little more expensive than im willing to pay for a driver. Thanks for the info.

Give the HiBore XL and XLS a go while your there, they are great clubs and much cheaper than TM

Give the HiBore XL and XLS a go while your there, they are great clubs and much cheaper than TM

Yes--the Hibore XL is an amazing club especially at under 100 dollars...i cant believe their that cheap

Yes--the Hibore XL is an amazing club especially at under 100 dollars...i cant believe their that cheap

I didn't see that price anywhere. The XL's go for about $200 and the regular hibore for $130 if I remember correctly.

What is the difference between the two? I only paid 100 for my r580 so ive had good experience with cheap drivers.. Ive also noticed there is a 425 and a 425 TP as well.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Easily one of TaylorMades' best drivers ever. Still has a presence on Tour its so good.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

if your not looking to spend a lot and still get a very good driver, get the Hibore XL. It has a very hot face, and for me i get good roll with it. It improved my distance by about 25 yards. Its alittle wierd to adjust to the look at adress but once you do its a fun club. The pro that i talked to about it before i bought it compared it to the Nike Sumo (not the squared) but for only 200 its a good deal. hope i helped good luck

In My Bag:
Driver-G10 10.5 pro launch blue
3 wood-Burner TP 14.5
2i-hibore hybrid 19 stiff
irons-J33bWedges-:54 vokeyFEEL wedge company 60putter- white hot xg #1ball-pro v1

if your not looking to spend a lot and still get a very good driver, get the Hibore XL. It has a very hot face, and for me i get good roll with it. It improved my distance by about 25 yards. Its alittle wierd to adjust to the look at adress but once you do its a fun club. The pro that i talked to about it before i bought it compared it to the Nike Sumo (not the squared) but for only 200 its a good deal. hope i helped good luck

Thanks. I'll give that one a shot, as well. But the look at address is just as important to me as how it performs- if that makes any sense. Which is the main reason why i was considering another TM driver. Im just used to how their drivers shape me up.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

IMO, you cant go wrong with the r7 425 or the TP version. TP is more of a players driver, I forgot to look at your handicap so I dont know if this is right for you or not.

I was never a big fan of the 460cc drivers, so the 425 TP was perfect for me. Basically its a Superquad minus 35cc, which doesnt seem like alot. To me its all about confidence at set up though.

I am not brand biased either.

In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

IMO, you cant go wrong with the r7 425 or the TP version. TP is more of a players driver, I forgot to look at your handicap so I dont know if this is right for you or not.

Oh I wouldnt say that at all, lol..

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Yeah i actually made the switch from the Hibore XL to the R7 425... I didn't like how loud the XL was... The 425 just hits so much smoother... How ever im still convinced the weights are BS... But what do i know... I didn't major in math.

My last driver was a R7 460 - was between the 425 and the 460, but went with the larger one of the two. Why? The 460 was being replaced by the Superquad at the time, so was reduced. I didn't notice much difference between the 2 clubs - both were fantastic.

Moveable weights - you'll set it up the way you want (prob a draw or high draw from the majority the people I have spoken to) and then never change it. But I did feel they did their job properly.

I tried the Highbore, and although it was nice to hit, the shape of the head was "odd" to look at... Almost off-putting. The TM R7 drivers just have such a nice shape to them.

I am sorely tempted to go to a 425 as there are some good deals at the moment, but think I am better waiting until next year and getting on a launch monitor and getting a matching driver & 3 wood when I have the available $$

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I found the TP harder to hit better - I don't see the point in it unless you hit the ball very well. I found the regular 425 easy to shape and hit it much better - more fairways :) TP is a "players" driver - i'm a good driver (with a regular driver) so I don't need the TP.

Best driver I ever owned.

Till I hit the Burner....

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I made the exact switch you are thinking of this year. I had the 580 and now have the r7 425. I got it off of a friend for Free ninety nine, so the price couldn't be beat. I was/am amazed at how much straighter the thing goes even on off center hits. As far as clubhead size the the 580 is only 400cc so the 425 will still be bigger.

Also rockbottom golf has the hibore xl for 139.99 if you find yourself liking those more.

Note: This thread is 5885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!