IGNORED

What Starts your DOWNSWING

Note: This thread is 5883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you watch Ringer's

OK- I went to a lighted range last night and tried this "hip push towards the right toe" (i am left handed). And by doing this my back shoulder dropped alot during this move and I powered through the ball. I am hitting a Callaway 10 degree stiff and I actually had guys/gals coming over and watching me hit. I was flying 300 yards. Just to cast aside doubt I used my normal swing and was a good 260 to 270 every time. My swing I am told by people at the range still looks smooth, but I must admit I am not as consistant (still in the fairway for example, but not near as straight as my previous swing. Example being pulled backwards from the right belt buckle to inicate the swing. Where is this added distance coming from.

Thanks for all the great input.

For right handers its turning your left hip to the left, that will start the downswing, for lefties it would be the opposite.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

For right handers its turning your left hip to the left, that will start the downswing, for lefties it would be the opposite.

Not exactly, I have always felt my right hip move back and right to start the swing. I will explain on the next quote...

pushing off with the right foot. how does that feel exactly? Unfortunately I start my downswing as I do my backswing, left shoulder. bad...

Well, for me it is the left foot, but it feels alot like warm apple pie. Do not think of it as pushing off or you will slide toward the target instead. I almost felt as if I were pushing my left(your right) hip directly at the ball. By doing this it allows your arms to drop and it is almost impossible to start the swing with your hands. It sounds kinda funny, but when I first started I felt like I was firing my hips as if I were using a holla hoop.....Again, I hope I am not making things complicated as I am merely a direct replica of Mickelson with no teaching expertise...

I almost felt as if I were pushing my left(your right) hip directly at the ball. By doing this it allows your arms to drop and it is almost impossible to start the swing with your hands.

The clubhead drops much faster than the trailing hip moves to the target, because of tremendous (about 12:1) leverage. Your body pivot then applies centrifugal force accelerating the clubhead even more.

You can imagine the amount of torque created by tour players who can speed up this simple push off of the right foot. Just a 5% improvement results in large gains of clubhead speed.

The clubhead drops much faster than the trailing hip moves to the target, because of tremendous (about 12:1) leverage. Your body pivot then applies centrifugal force accelerating the clubhead even more.

I must admit it is very strange feeling to get use to, I played (9) yesterday and was a very unhappy 2 over. But all my irons are now 10-15 yards off and I am getting ridiculous spin on the ball, at times I would go at the pin, I would spin back sometimes 15 feet at times. It kinda feels like I am throwing my left hip at the ball, and after this move my left shoulder drops(i'm a lefty) and after I swing thru I almost feel as if I am gonna fall over....

Note: This thread is 5883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!