IGNORED

Mizuno MP-T's C-Grind or Vokey's Spin Milling- which feature do you find more useful

Note: This thread is 5883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you value golf balls you will go with a 200 series vokey..lol. You'll lose 10 yards off of the fairway with the spin milled as well. At least I do. The Mizuno is pretty much standard. I honestly think the MP-T is a better performing wedge, but not as finely crafted as the vokey. The vokey will spin a little more as well, especially on chip shots where you really chop down on the ball.

If it wasnt for the compete aesthetic shock that comes with switching wedges I probably would play the MP-T. But I dont think you can go wrong with either, it will be up to you to decide which looks better to you when you put it on the grass.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Tough call on those. My relatives told me to get some new wedges as my college graduation present (only a month left) to go along with the new irons I managed to save up for. I hit the Cleveland CG12, Taylormade Z TP, Mizuno MP-R, Mizuno MP-T, Vokey 200, Vokey Spin Milled, Nike SV, Ping Tour W, Callaway X-Forged, and Callaway X-Tour. The Mizunos and the Vokeys were close at 1 and 2, with the Taylormade Z TP in a pretty close 3rd. However, I use a 50-54-58 setup and the Z TP starts at 52. That knocked it out of the running. After that it came down purely to aesthetics and feel. Both feel sweet at contact. The eventual winner was a Vokey 200 50/08, with Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 58. Could have easily gone with the Mizunos, but without bending I would have had to get a combination of MP-R and MP-T, and I have enough mental problems already without looking down at a different wedge. I haven't had a chance to hit much with the Vokeys yet, but I did do some chipping and pitching and they feel sweet and the ball reacts nicely. Honestly they are all great choices. It comes down to personal preference and feel. I don't hit a whole lot of full wedge shots, so losing some distance on those because of the spin milling doesn't seem like it would be a real issue for me personally.

The C-Grind sole on the Mizuno is a nice feature, but with the bounce options that the Vokeys provide, I think you can find one that will fit just as easily. Again, it comes down to personal preference, and I was dead set on buying CG12s or Mizunos when I walked in, but walked out with three Vokeys instead. Hit them all and see what looks and feels best. It's the only way. Good luck, and I don't think you can go wrong with either choice really.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

If you value golf balls you will go with a 200 series vokey..lol. You'll lose 10 yards off of the fairway with the spin milled as well. At least I do. The Mizuno is pretty much standard. I honestly think the MP-T is a better performing wedge, but not as finely crafted as the vokey. The vokey will spin a little more as well, especially on chip shots where you really chop down on the ball.

I hear the spin wears off after a while with the Spin Milled, and after a while it is similar to a new 200 series.

• Administrator
I hear the spin wears off after a while with the Spin Milled, and after a while it is similar to a new 200 series.

It's "overly spinny" at first, but I don't think it quite wears down to 200 series levels. If 10 is the most spin you're gonna get, and a 200 is a 6, then the spin milleds seem to start out at about a 10 and then settle down to an 8 or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's "overly spinny" at first, but I don't think it quite wears down to 200 series levels. If 10 is the most spin you're gonna get, and a 200 is a 6, then the spin milleds seem to start out at about a 10 and then settle down to an 8 or so.

Oh, okay. I used to be able to get the ball to stop with my CG10s, but ever since I used them to practice in the snow(bad idea- but I was just too anxious to play) , I can't do it anymore, unless I really strike it clean.

What are the spin on chips like? I only got to try pitches and full shots.

Note: This thread is 5883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!